Sign in to follow this  
izi3

Strange tweet about NDA lift

Media preview articles are dropping all over the place, so that's presumably the information embargo that lifted.

I wouldn't expect the alpha or beta NDAs to ever be lifted - the sim will just launch, and then people can talk about the "finished" product, rendering it moot.

• Upvote 1

Why have an NDA?

I never understand why companies with software products don't want testors sharing info with the public.

Is it because the company is afraid they will share something and then when the game is released it won't have in it what they shared?

Can someone explain why a company would want to do this. If I would have a product I would want everyone to be talking about all of it as much as possible.

Ciao!

1 minute ago, briansommers said:

Why have an NDA?

I never understand why companies with software products don't want testors sharing info with the public.

Is it because the company is afraid they will share something and then when the game is released it won't have in it what they shared?

Can someone explain why a company would want to do this. If I would have a product I would want everyone to be talking about all of it as much as possible.

Decades of experience with toxic fanbases

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

All they want is for the product to be tested, nothing strange with that. Microsoft's marling is great, that they have created a perceived  have & have not bunch of guys. 

They have created a sort of mystique & 'want' for MSFS. They actually do not need more talking about an incomplete game. Imagine the moans & groans, of which we have enough already.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...