Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

ATPL / CPL Licences on the 'Net

Guest allblack

Hi all.Does anyone know of a website that hosts these licences that can be downloaded or completed on-line?As long as they are RL, I'm not worried about how old they are (within reason).Just curious to have a shot at a couple. How's that for delusions of grandeur!!!CheersTim

Making the content of exams available to third parties is almost always a violation of your contract with the organisation you take the exam with.In case of these exams it may well be a criminal offense.

Guest allblack

Ah! Hadn't thought of that.Not too sure how they could be considered so secretive though...I mean in NZ we get near-as-real drivers exams publicised for education purposes before people sit their drivers test.Ah ha! I think I see the fatal flaw. New Zealand drivers are crap.Point taken.CheersTim - NZWN

Hi Tim; Not sure about any other country but here in the U.S. you can downloadsample tests from the FAA web site. Might have to do a little looking.....but they're there:-) Denny

i'm doing the real life JAR-ATPL exams in february 2006 .. you're welcome to come and have a look ;-)

Dummy exams are one thing (and likely available commercially from several companies and flight schools), the real thing is quite a different story.Copying practice exams without written permission from the authors is of course also not allowed.

Guest Adverse Yawn

Tim,There are a number of places, but the information is valuable and so they usually require a subscripiton, the questions are known as "Question Banks". Places such as www.bristol.gs where I did my ground school ATPL training have such a subscripiton service. Bristol also do a CD that ex-students often sell on Ebay. The CD is a veritible warehouse of aviation knowledge and contains the all the study material for all 14 JAA ATPL exams. In addition is contains numerous progress tests that are very similar (but alot smaller) to the real JAA ATPL questions. Oxford Aviation also do a similar CD.Heres Ebay for example: http://search.ebay.co.uk/ATPL_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8FWIW, the practice exams are very close to the real thing in style. My own personal experience was that Air Law, Radio Nav, Human Factors, Operation Procedures VFR and IFR Comms where very similar to the question banks. The really difficult subjects like General Nav, Principle of Flight, Instruements, Aircraft Systems, Meteorology and Performance were another story!!

Hi Tim; You may find what you're looking for here;www.faa.gov/education_research/testing/airmen/test_standards/pilot/ These are free for download/reproduction as you see fit. Denny

Guest allblack

Thanks guys, appreciate your help/comments.CheersTim