Edited by stewie007
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

would be better if ivao and vatsim transform into vat.iva

majorit of ivao users are pros. so they fit into the religion of vatsim

Sadly, this will never ever happen 😕

33 minutes ago, CallsignDE said:

Never say never. We said that kind of stuff often in the past. There will never be a weather radar for flightsim, the will never be a proper airbus etc...no we have all that.

I am sure, when we could get a new network that works better than IVAO and VATSIM together - I mean like revolutionary better - people might accumulate in the new network. Of course there would be a danger of spreading more but as I said, it must become a revolutunary network.

Recently I have read about that kind of development, I think on one of these forums. Would be to great if we could arrange a compromise to fusion these to networks. EVERYONE would benefit.

Edited by 737_800

32 minutes ago, CallsignDE said:

Well, we tried many many years ago, and it didn't happen because VATSIM founders refused to share the source code for part of the software.

Well, it's about to happen another way.

POSCON is a brand new network of which I track very closely and meet monthly with the owner.  POSCON uses all new code, a far different management philosophy, and has capabilities that neither VATSIM or IVAO could simply never implement. Moreover, instead of patching code from the 1990's and early 2000's, POSCON's code is all brand new, taking advantage of modern technology. 

POSCON has been in testing for quite some time and will likely go fully live before the end of the year.  When it does, I can't see anything else happening except a massive migration from VATSIM/IVAO to POSON - both controllers and pilots.  That's how this merger will happen.

Many of my friends have been part of the VATSIM Board of Governors and held other positions at VATSIM and IVAO, and I am grateful to all the people who support and provide this important service to the flight sim community. I'm sure they will continue to do so as POSCON will recognize their work and achievements and doubtless welcome them with open arms (in many cases this has already happened).

Best wishes!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Give my tours with rewards and decent rating system and you can count me in.

Edited by andrecarli737
Forgot a word

imyj2f-5.png

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

When it does, I can't see anything else happening except a massive migration from VATSIM/IVAO to POSON - both controllers and pilots.

Maybe. But I said the same thing when Google+ was being developed. Surely people would ditch Facebook for this clearly better and less intrusive social network, just like they abandoned Myspace for FB.  But nope. Through a combination of inertia and one particularly stupid rollout on Google's part, G+ never took off while Facebook is now so big that it keeps getting hauled before Congress to testify about its wrongdoings. 😉

A lot of variables can sink products that by all appearances should drive their inferior counterparts into the ground. Just look at VHS vs Beta some time.

Is it possible to spectate in FS2020?  🤔

Say there's some IVAO or VATSIM event on, I might just want to sit inside someone's aircraft as a spectator and watch them land, listen to their ATC comms etc.  Then switch to another aircraft.

As a spectator I'm completely invisible to the user 👻, but I can move around the aircraft, change my camera views etc.

• Like 1

Matthew S

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Say there's some IVAO or VATSIM event on, I might just want to sit inside someone's aircraft as a spectator and watch them land, listen to their ATC comms etc.  Then switch to another aircraft.

As a spectator I'm completely invisible to the user 👻, but I can move around the aircraft, change my camera views etc.

in plane? how boring.

choose a spot on ground. land with your little plane there and plane spot from ground. the sound in msfs will be god like (i hope)

1 hour ago, stewie007 said:

in plane? how boring.

choose a spot on ground. land with your little plane there and plane spot from ground. the sound in msfs will be god like (i hope)

Sorry I can't comprehend my post for you. 🙄

Matthew S

10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Don't lie Matthew. You are only there to inspect trees, we know it you little forest ranger. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved