Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some new B-Roll footage/Gameplay

10 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The IGN pilot apologized in the comments and said he doesn't think IGN has a lot of pilots sitting around. To be honest, he did good for someone who has never been in the simulated flight deck of an aircraft, let alone an airbus.

I'm surprised he found Vegas at all. He came 320 feet from leaving an imprint in the side of a mountain though; I don't even think he noticed, lol.

I noticed that too!

Someone said the press got a standard MSFS2020 prelease but didn't he takeoff from a fully detailed San Francisco ( only in the top version). 

Edited by SP2472

4 hours ago, vin747 said:

So many stutters and low FPS? Doesn’t bode well. 

That's only the beginning!

• Upvote 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

2 hours ago, Marco Manieri said:

This seems a proper simmer flying a short VFR route he knows well (in XP11) between airports and in an area that should be "default"

Yes, I agree, that's a couple of nice videos showing what azure ai is capable of. And nice to hear from a local that it really is easy to do vfr and be able to follow roads and recognize places and landmarks.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Some things to consider. I'm not saying this is the answer to the reported stutters, just something to consider.

The beta (even the press release) might still have some telemetry collecting within it that could cause some stutters (possibly).

The beta is still a beta.

Graphics drivers haven't been optimized by NVidia or AMD yet.

Anyone recording their flights is also running recording software and saving through their system RAM to disc on the fly. Typically people use OBS and it's not actually a simple thing to set up and optimise. This overhead can cause significant stuttering for a recording and if you don't know what you're doing, it can cause some very significant system impacts that mess with a game's performance.

• Like 2

As a non-alpha person, my first take away from a few hours of video watching this morning is this:

1. The sim seems amazing and I can't wait to start flying with it!
  2. There are still some rough and unfinished parts of it though.

For example, that vid of the Icon water landing in Crater Lake, Oregon, it looks like water effects for amphibian landings aren't implemented yet?

That said, 95% of it looks and seems incredible, and it sounds like development will be continuing for a very long time.  I'm guessing they felt the sim was "good enough" to get into the public's hands now and they'll just finish some of the little touches after launch.  I'm fine with that to be honest, I just want to start flying with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adino said:

This one is word not allowed amazing must see!

WOW!

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 hours ago, adino said:

This one is word not allowed amazing must see!

As the teenager in my house would say: Oh. My. God. I think I may have peed my pants a little.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Has anyone found one that shows the city of Toronto?  I am trying to figure out if Bing's major Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) use the 3D modelling that you get in New York or if its just satellite with AI.

Open Maps in Windows 10 and you can find out yourself.

The canadian Cities that are fully 3D in Bing are:

Calgary, Edmonton,  Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto ,Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg.

• Like 1

At the risk of being accused of being a grumpy old fart, have had my interest in watching any more videos killed stone dead by the mind-numbing music ...... there's an interesting paradox (in relation e.g. to the first video posted in this thread, and more generally) in that planes by definition go somewhere, but invariably the music that accompanies the endless videos of them as they do so, goes nowhere ..... repetition. repetition and more repetition .... give me the whine/roar of a jet engine, or the spine-tingling burble of a Merlin engine a-la-Spitfire any day of the week ...... feel free to stuff your incidental music where the monkey stuffs its nuts ! end of rant! time for my afternoon nap!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

As tempting as it seems, I for one am not going to see one bit of it. Gona wait for it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

5 hours ago, vin747 said:

What is with the terrible FPS in both the 747 videos while panning the camera? And the way the nose pitched up during takeoff didn’t look very comforting. 

we need someone who can do a proper full flight in IFR and pls display the FPS counter.  

my fear is if the default 747 has such low FPS , what happens with PMDG 747?

It's a matter of OBS not being configured correctly. The recording is stuttery, the sim itself is not.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

15 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

At the risk of being accused of being a grumpy old fart, have had my interest in watching any more videos killed stone dead by the mind-numbing music

That's a problem with a lot of youtube stuff unfortunately.

If I had a quid for all the tutorials I've come across - but ended up skipping to find another one - simply because the first one assumed you're going to love that RAWK track as much as they do, I wouldn't need a flight simulator, because I'd be able to afford my own 747.

And whilst we are being grumpy, in regard to these videos, this is not what the term B-Roll means, I know you've heard the term in relation to movies and think you know what b-roll means, but you're wrong.

On a more serious note, I noticed that the behaviour of the Pitts S2 was incorrect when it went inverted, with the lift vector going the opposite way to that which it should have been going - a common problem in flight sims and apparently not fixed in this one either, unfortunately.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here