Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some new B-Roll footage/Gameplay

33 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

time for my afternoon nap!

Don't forget to take your pills as well!

This is a channel that focuses on the graphical technology and features, not the gameplay, but he does touch on it a bit at the start.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

New official video showcasing planes/airports:

The strobes in the 787 are wrong. They have a signature strobe which are more Uniform and of longer duration. These look like the standard short flicker type strobes. Nooooooooooo!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

The strobes in the 787 are wrong. They have a signature strobe which are more Uniform and of longer duration. These look like the standard short flicker type strobes. Nooooooooooo!

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm cancelling my order.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Funnily enough, I have noticed that the lights on the 787 do tend to be very much brighter than most other aeroplanes. If you see a plane coming in for a landing at night and it has a really bright red light on the underside or top, chances are it will be a 787, they really do have massively bright lights. Look at this pic I took of one at work earlier this year:

ijQaNkM.jpg

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can we talk about the landing/touchdown physics? Why does it look so arcade-ish to me? it looks terrible.  Everything looks good until it touches the ground, then its like the plane just sticks to the ground with a tire screech, no matter how bad the landing was (and i saw many in some of these videos lol). Looks very fake.  Mostly for the A320 and 747 from what i've seen.  

Edited by tgsweat
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, tgsweat said:

Can we talk about the landing/touchdown physics? Why does it look so arcade-ish to me? it looks terrible.  Everything looks good until it touches the ground, then its like the plane just sticks to the ground with a tire screech, no matter how bad the landing was (and i saw many in some of these videos lol). Looks very fake.  Mostly for the A320 and 747 from what i've seen.  

In real life, or even in other sims like DCS, those landings would end in a fireball.

Or at least like this...

Since Flight Sim 2020 doesn't simulate damage physics, all it can do is give you a black screen or make the excessive energy disappear; which of course doesn't happen in real life.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

59 minutes ago, tgsweat said:

It would be nice to know if changing the realism setting have any effect on this behavior. Hopefully someone will touch on this in the coming days. 

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 hours ago, tgsweat said:

I would like. But NDA. 

Did they only give copies to people that know nothing about flying or what? Its been so painful watching the testers do 'Flights' without touching any buttons in the cockpit.

• Like 2

Ahhh vegas is mostly flat in that first IGN video. I wonder why that is, its just an image. Maybe it didn't load during the flight? The 6 difficult landings video looks really good tho.