Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some new B-Roll footage/Gameplay

4 hours ago, adino said:

Looks really good, the scenery. But these videos are rubbish.

A real world pilot I have followed on YouTube for many months gets nerdy (in a good way) about MSFS.  And seems excited about the flight physics. (He is general aviation)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

15 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

A real world pilot I have followed on YouTube for many months gets nerdy (in a good way) about MSFS.  And seems excited about the flight physics. (He is general aviation)

Fantastic video, thanks! And he seems to be very impressed by the performance at ultra on his not-crazy-powerful PC.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 4:39 AM, adino said:

Something I've been noticing and not liking about the nite lighting is that it has the same issue that FSX had where ground tiles in the distance are shaded in such a way that they appear too easily seen at nite...it's as if the splash lighting is way over the top too strong and tiles seem to be lit or too bright but instead should in fact be appearing black, in the nite. Looking out in the distance at a large city seems to show most of the ground tiles all lit up or shaded to brightly (not sure which it is).

That being said the stuff in closer, underneath your plane, seen at lower altitude is a nice improvement. But it still seem like nite time in FS2020 is too bright as compared to RL situations. Even the fuselage itself has too much splash or improper nite texturing making it too easy to see. Things should appear darker/more blackened as far as their surface texturing.

Get in close though and it begins to look as brilliantly done as XP11 at nite (and in some cases better).

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

I wish most of these guys would get off the 4K high horse and give us a good idea of how the sim will run at 1080P/1440P. Who cares if your video is in 4K if its 20 FPS.... I mean how many people will not only run it at 4K but smoothly until new hardware comes out? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Why is baro always given as 29.92 in these videos, including the takeoff in thunderstorm - baro should be much lower than that in those conditions?

• Upvote 1

Ian Box

The altimeter gauge does not auto set itself, the pilot must set it manually (29.92 is default setting upon loading into plane). So then assume the video maker has simply not adjusted it properly as everyone is trying to get their videos out first and likely not thinking about such details as properly setting their altimeters 🙂.

• Like 2

But ATC is also giving 29.92 - just concerned that pressure is not yet taken into account, as the IFR feature discovery episode also used 29.92 throughout.

• Upvote 1

Ian Box

WOW, they put the FSX music into the menu as an option!  That is just too awesome!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

But ATC is also giving 29.92 - just concerned that pressure is not yet taken into account, as the IFR feature discovery episode also used 29.92 throughout.

Ok sorry, I did not know that since I did not listen to the video. I would guess then either you are correct in thinking it may still be a WIP, or possibly that the station you heard reporting was not in the immediate area and therefore it's possible that the pressure at that reporting station was really 29.92. But again Im just guessing there. In either case though, I wouldn't be too concerned as getting the altimeter correct is a huge part of aviation and there's no way they'd release it without barometric pressures working in the sim. Now, having it not work correctly with ATC is always a possibility but if thats the case I'm certain that would be patched no doubt.