Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some new B-Roll footage/Gameplay

6 hours ago, Heavy Metal said:

Not too bad for default.... and still in progress.

Not bad at all! If they continue working on this (or let someone in the community work on it) this could get quite good.

As of now it's a really good ground to start from, but there are also still horrendous quirks.

Side note:
The flight dynamics (aside from the plane performance and autopilot) seemed good. Especially the landing feels more dynamic (in a good / complex way).

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

So how many innocent virtual ramp workers have been slashed by props/sucked into jet engines by now? 🙂

Another pet peeve of mine (other than runway lights being much too bright at nite) has always been the runway textures. They have always looked sooo fake and cartoon-ish as compared to RL materials...why can't MS get that aspect more realistic looking? I absolutely hate MS made runway textures, bleh, feh!

Edited by hangar

On 7/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, Turpentine said:

Don't know if this one has been posted yet. I found it absolutely fascinating, particularly as he is playing weather and light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fT3l6PpB0

Fun to watch.

He's produced it like a documentary. 🙂

Interesting part:

I've used the Robin during my PPL training and flying it in MSFS comes closest to reality I've ever experienced in a sim.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 8/1/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I remember a few weeks ago, someone snapped at me cause I said the waves didn’t look good, and looked like an ortho photo. They said I was talking rubbish. It appears not:-

https://youtu.be/JWHqXYUeNMI

Depends on the settings though. If you set wind to 0 the water doesn't move at all. If you set it all to realism then it is beautiful. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Joyal said:

Depends on the settings though. If you set wind to 0 the water doesn't move at all. If you set it all to realism then it is beautiful. 

Precisely this! 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, hangar said:

Another pet peeve of mine (other than runway lights being much too bright at nite) has always been the runway textures. They have always looked sooo fake and cartoon-ish as compared to RL materials...why can't MS get that aspect more realistic looking? I absolutely hate MS made runway textures, bleh, feh!

Yes, I think they can be improved, and that's one area I think 3PDs, even freeware, can do fairly quickly and simply (ref. free HD textures for XP).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

13 hours ago, hangar said:

One important point to note for all you're 'pet peeves' is that Microsoft have stated in their interview with Avsim that their are over 200 developers already participating in the MSFS Marketplace, and they already have lots of content ready for release day, including landmarks, cities, "addons we never thought of". 

So I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there will be something for everyone on release day.

• Like 2

From a recent Squirrel's video of VFR night flying, you can see the PAPI lights transition from white to pink before turning completely red, just like IRL. 

23Fyq5J.png

• Like 1

„Spaceshuttle“ flight in MSFS with amazing sunrise:

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Looking at squirrels Night VFR video (which is utterly stunning!) i can see some heavy stuttering while just airborne and on short finals. Would this be because of Scenery streaming or is this more related to video capturing?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11