Sign in to follow this  
Nedo68

'MSFS' will support one VR headset this fall

On 8/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, threegreen said:

I take it you haven't tried the current Reverb v2? I used to own a Rift S and the Samsung Odyssey+ and the Reverb v2 won me over the minute I tried it. The reason is the resolution. The difference is incredible. The new G2 is said to have an even clearer picture and if that is true I agree with the "next generation" tag HP has put on it because the Reverb v2 is already unmatched in terms of resolution among consumer headsets. So if they are actually able to improve it even more in this regard I can't see how any headset would beat that. Of course resolution isn't everything but at least for me it's the most important factor because I think VR headsets need to be good in terms of resolution and clarity first (while not being too hard on performance) before starting to go into FOV, e. g.

How do you find performance on the Reverb compared to the Rift S?

3 hours ago, stratosfeerick said:

How do you find performance on the Reverb compared to the Rift S?

Can't comment on that. The Rift S was the first VR headset I tried and returned it because of the low resolution. Never really flew using it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The way the Reverb was explained to me was that given it is 2160 by 2160 per eye/4K, no supersamplng is necessary and the processing therefore is potentially less than you might need on something like a Rift S which may have nice colours but is substantially lower resolution. 

The upshot is, better resolution out of the gate and no need to stuff with it which ironically equals better performance for the Reverb than for anything with lower res. I’ve only had the CV1 and then the Reverb but my Reverb has indeed proven to be smoother than the CV1, can’t speak for the RiftS but I’d be surprised if the story was any different. 

And no Rift S support coming?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

And no Rift S support coming?

From a business perspective, probably a foolish move not too.  With so many in the Rift S user base, they could draw in more customers once VR is released.  But then again, maybe their focus is more of a walled garden.  Hard to say.  Regardless, I ordered a G2 to replace my Rift S.  (I fly DCS and IL-2 for VR, and can't wait until FS2020 comes out with VR!)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Support for HMDs other than WMR is coming later.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

11 hours ago, javelina said:

I ordered a G2 to replace my Rift S.

Didn't now it was available  now.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

Didn't now it was available  now.

It's not, just pre orders are available now.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 8/7/2020 at 12:39 PM, McKafre said:

I just called HP Spain and my order says delivery September 2nd ... i dont believe it really ...

Got a order informatrion from HP says September 1st in Germany, but I dont think it will happen...

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB