Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Still worried about the flight model ... how planes move

You are missing all of the G when you are simming at your desk. I don't think everyone can afford a hydraulic simulator setup at home and even so it's not the same thing.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

How about giving a guy a break? He's clearly just giving his own opinion and prefaced the entire thing by saying that he is not an expert. When people say this they are telling you to take things with a grain of salt because your own opinion may vary. He goes on to say that he feels the planes likely handle well enough for a beginning but will likely need some fine tuning for the more hard pressed/experienced simmers  and then he goes even further to mention that you can tweak some of the settings should you wish to experiment. He is not contradicting himself from what I see there, at all.

Don't bother bickering on a  forum about flight behaviors...I'm just saying that from my own experience you can ask 2 licensed and experienced pilots their opinion about the flying characteristics of a type of aircraft that they both own and you will end up with very different opinions on certain aspects. this has and may likely always be certain...and this is why when a developer tells me that their physics were tested by real pilots, I chuckle...every time.

In a few weeks time the forums will be full of arguments regarding physics...the only that can really be measured are the numbers, but "feel" and behavior will be argued about till the end of time.

If you don't see, then you don't see it...

Where have I bickered about flight behavior on this thread??? You didn't see that either...but that didn't stop you going on and on about it.

23 minutes ago, Jnin said:

Ultimately it would do a lot of the same things a normal trailer would, and likely just as artificial as those trailers, only difference being that they'd have to pay a ton of money for basically a celebrity endorsement. And I don't think it would cover a different enough area to warrant it over just making another fancy trailer with music over it.

It's not what it would show, it's that it would stand more of a chance of going viral and getting to people who might gain an interest in the flight sim because they have heard of Sullenberger and then might think, well I've always wondered if I could land an airliner like you see in those disaster movies, so let's give it a try. He's an international hero, is very personable and engaging and people basically like him even though they've never met him and he is a great ambassador for interest in aviation. This sort of thing is worth paying for, and whilst I've never met the man, I would be fairly surprised if he wasn't at least a bit interested in the thing. I don't think anyone who flies could really not be interested in it.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I just think people are expecting payware aircraft like we know today in P3D, XP11 etc.... as defaults in the new sim.  

I agree Ryan but that is really the problem. For the last year, we have seen so much garbage and hype from both MS and many of the members of this forum that it is no surprise that many folks feel that way. Now that we are reaching the moment of truth, all that hype and false expectations are actually going to make it harder for the actual advancements and positive things to get their just rewards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just now, shivers9 said:

I agree Ryan but that is really the problem. For the last year, we have seen so much garbage and hype from both MS and many of the members of this forum that it is no surprise that many folks feel that way. Now that we are reaching the moment of truth, all that hype and false expectations are actually going to make it harder for the actual advancements and positive things to get their just rewards.

What garbage? And when did they promise payware level airliners? Seems like a strawman. 

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Slides said:

What garbage? And when did they promise payware level airliners? Seems like a strawman. 

You are absolutely right. They didn’t.

What they did say, specifically in the IFR feature discovery video, is that Garmin 430, 530, G3X, G1000, 3000, and 5000 are represented in the GA fleet of airplanes. They didn’t, however, say how well they are represented. It’s not unreasonable, though, given what was shown in the slick marketing footage to infer a level of sophistication that in reality may not be there.

Personally, I’m not expecting full payware add-on quality, but I do hope they raise the bar on feature and functionality delivered in default aircraft. Xplane has a couple of good defaults. MSFS should raise the bar just like they have for most other parts of the sim. 

• Like 4

Chris

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Personally, I’m not expecting full payware add-on quality, but I do hope they raise the bar on feature and functionality delivered in default aircraft. Xplane has a couple of good defaults. MSFS should raise the bar just like they have for most other parts of the sim. 

Those are reasonable expectations.... and it appears as though you'll be happy with the new sim.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

Give a guy enough time, and he will eventually contradict himself. I am just going to leave this right here...

I've flown MSFS and you haven't!  Neener neener!  

So there. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

22 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Expect that the old mantra "it is just the alpha" will now be replaced by the new mantra "It is default " .  I don't like mantras. 

There is also another mantra. "Nobody flies default!" 😺

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

47 minutes ago, kovatSS said:

Real Pilot on MFS

His flying and comments look like a real student pilot

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Seems legit

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Seems legit

That forward slip shows problem with flight model as well it stall. It looks like everyone has problem flying single engine prop coordinated. Rudder input is not working correctly 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

You know the best advice a more experienced pilot gave to me was that every pilot is a student pilot. The minute you close your mind to learning new things, even about an airplane you have thousands of hours in, is the moment you should hang up your wings because you're gonna get yourself or someone else killed with that mentality.

• Like 3