Sign in to follow this  
rmeier

Anyone have T2G MMMX working in P3D v5?

OK...the title should be self explanatory.

I've tried adding this "old" scenery into P3D v5. I had it working in P3D v4, but, now I have a "floating hilltop" (see attached photo) just behind the terminal. Judging by the additional detail, I suspect it is part of T2G's scenery.

Also the jetways are absent from the scenery as well...that's a solvable problem.

I have installed the inibuilds exclude file for this scenery...truthfully, I can't see any difference with/without that exclude file.

So the only difference between P3D v4 and v5 that I can think of is that I'm no longer using ORBX Vector in P3D v5 (still using Global).

I'm guessing there should be a bgl somewhere within this scenery that can be disabled to make the floating hilltop disappear.

I have tried disabling the "City" and "Terrain" folders from the scenery (just using the MMMX folder) and still see the floating hilltop.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated!x0TsK48.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

Thank you, Cai Zicheng. I already have that file installed in my scenery. Does this scenery work for you in P3D v5? It shouldn't make any difference, but, for what its worth, I have my files outside the P3D directory (added via xml).

I'm trying to avoid systematically disabling the 68 bgl files in the MMMX folder to find the one causing this issue.

Much appreciated!

BTW, the SODE Jetways upgrade file still works in P3D v5:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20346.0

The problematic bgl was:

AICM-OBJ-CERRO.bgl (now disabled in the MMMX\Scenery folder)

This photo has the city and terrain folders temporarily disabled (relative to the first photo).

Not sure yet what else is impacted, but at least the floating hill is gone!

BwaQ0bj.jpg

OK...so I seem to have T2G MMMX installed now in P3D v5.

I have only installed the MMMX folder into P3D v5 (the City and Terrain folders were causing black tiles around the airport).

My Steps:

1) Install your V1.1 of the T2G MMMX scenery

2) Move the scenery outside of the sim

3) Use Lorby Addon Organizer to add the MMMX Scenery via xml method

4) Install the inibuilds patch (although I'm not sure this file does anything)

https://www.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files

5) Omit/rename the AICM-OBJ-CERRO.bgl file (to eliminate the floating hill)

6) Add the SODE Jetways

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20346.0

7) Add the modified runways light bgl (for correct night lighting)

https://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1220-p3d-v25-mmmx-runway-light-fix/

Hope this works for others!

Rob

7HBMHsV.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just an update to my installation above:

Regarding Step 5 (the floating hilltop), T2G did have a fix for that issue for an FSX/Ultimate Terrain conflict.

https://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84

Install the AICM-FLATTENCERRO.bgl into your MMMX\Scenery folder and leave the AICM-OBJ-CERRO.bgl as is.

• Like 3

Also to correct black textures go to P3dv5 main texture and copy two textures BLDU2.dds and BLDU2LM.dds to desktop once on desktop rename BLDU2.dds to t2g2.dds and BLDU2LM.dds to t2g2lm.dds. When done either backup or overwrite  by copying to your MMMX Terrain texture texture folder . No more black textures 

Gregg

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, rmeier said:

Just an update to my installation above:

Regarding Step 5 (the floating hilltop), T2G did have a fix for that issue for an FSX/Ultimate Terrain conflict.

https://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84

Install the AICM-FLATTENCERRO.bgl into your MMMX\Scenery folder and leave the AICM-OBJ-CERRO.bgl as is.

I followed all these steps and T2G MMMX is working fine on my machine.. 

thank you!

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On a related note, can someone advise on T2G OTHH? 

I already have T2G EDDM and LFPG, MMMX working fine in V5.. can i go ahead and buy OTHH (FSX version) hoping it will work fine? 

what patch files do i need? 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 8/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, vin747 said:

On a related note, can someone advise on T2G OTHH? 

I already have T2G EDDM and LFPG, MMMX working fine in V5.. can i go ahead and buy OTHH (FSX version) hoping it will work fine? 

what patch files do i need? 

This thread is quite old, but curious if you ever gave OTHH a shot.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

1 minute ago, rmeier said:

I don't own OTHH, but, another user (azizxpx) posted a solution for that scenery over on the inibuilds forum:

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/18-prepar3d-v5-scenery-compatibility-files-othh-error/

You know it looks like the MMMX file over at inibuilds is a corrupted zip.  Or anyway, I couldn't open it when I downloaded it a few minutes ago.

I'm adding my own exclude right now anyway.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

OTHH works just fine in v5. It's been ages since I did it but it was something simple like just adjusting the airport elevation and adding in the usual exclusions for v5 conversions to eliminate the default buildings and taxi signs.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Will give that a go. Thanks, rmeier.

For those with a working MMMX, do you still have a lack of autogen immediately around the airport? I managed to get everything else looking decent and working. Honestly, I'd just prefer to find a way to get rid of T2G's autogen and terrain (outside the airport bounds) and just rely on default or Orbx. Maybe I'll play around with some of the bgls and see what happens.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

On the black texture fix above. MMMX extreme added a folder to FSX /c; (xt86)/ microsoft games/ program files/ Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ texture/ t2g2.dds,t2g2lm.dds. Since they did not install into p3dv5 you must copy paste those into P3Dv5 texture folder.  This worked for me 

• Upvote 1