Sign in to follow this  
racer0796

LOCAL FLIGHT (No Flight Plan )

Can't seem to just be able to do a local flight or circuit work anymore , and if I don't load a flight plan from airport A to airport B I either get a Fatal Error , or fly flightplan , from the last flightplan I did .    The trouble is most of my RL flying involves departing airport A   and returning to the same,  airport A , and consequently this is what I mostly need to do in Vox !!       Any ideas help appreciated , thanks       Chris

Chris,

Are you still using the FSX version of VOXATC? The reason that I'm asking is that the P3d5 version is slightly different. Anyway, which airport is this happening at? All of them or just one? I remember that this issue showed up from time to time in VOXATC 6, but I've not seen it in V7.42.

Anyway, try a couple of tests. First, try a non-towered airport without a flightplan. Second, at a towered  (controlled) airport, try a VFR flightplan that has the departure and arrival airport the same. Do both result in a fatal error?

Jay

Another option I have not had to use since version 6 is to set up a flight plan to a local airport, then just do your intended flight (Don’t actually go to the local airport), and self announce entry into the pattern, etc. 

22 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Another option I have not had to use since version 6 is to set up a flight plan to a local airport, then just do your intended flight (Don’t actually go to the local airport), and self announce entry into the pattern, etc. 

Could you expand on this or, perhaps, rephrase? 

Thanks

I think what he means is set up a VFR plan like KALB-KGFL. Then take off but don't fly to KGFL. Fly around and then.announce when you enter the pattern at KALB. I can't say that I've ever tried that, but it might work.

Yes,  certainly non towered all right its a field with a cabin and a windsock !!    EGHY  Truro, Cornwall ...   But it is happening at any of my local airports , they are all non towered except EGHC and this one always fatal errors whenever I have a flight plan flying TO , it from,   ANYWHERE !!  This was reported by me to TW over a year ago by me and the vendor , and he never did fix it ....A very sore point , as I fly to this airport in real world , anyway I digress !     Also ,yes FSX version , and always find the programme wan't to pick up where I left off on the last flight plan .I'll try and send logfile ,soon for this , and my EGHC Lands End flight plan prob ?? 

Instead of leaving your airport, just fly the pattern. You’ll have traffic, you can talk to Unicom. 

I also had a chance to try No flight plan in P3d v5 today. I had the same fatal error no flight plan message, but I had traffic, was able to talk to Unicom. Flew a pattern without any problems, just no prompts to tell you what to say. 

17 minutes ago, Mad_Mac said:

I had the same fatal error no flight plan message

What's the error message in err.log?

33 minutes ago, racer0796 said:

But it is happening at any of my local airports

As soon as VOXATC receives your log file, they will take a look at it, since it also impacts the P3d5 version. I also PMed you with instructions regarding the log file.

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

What's the error message in err.log?

As soon as VOXATC receives your log file, they will take a look at it, since it also impacts the P3d5 version. I also PMed you with instructions regarding the log file.

I’ll take a look when I get home, and send it your way.  I’ll cut and paste so you don’t get the whole mess, since I’ve started using P3d v5. 

Basically the workaround is to use a VFR flightplan with the departure and arrival airports being the same. Or what you suggested above. You don't get any prompts but it works. 

16 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Instead of leaving your airport, just fly the pattern. You’ll have traffic, you can talk to Unicom. 

In looking at my log file, The message is not a Fatal Error message, but this, "No Suitable ATC unit found. Disable VoxATC." It looks a lot like the Fatal Error message, but the program continues to run. Is this the same message you are getting, Racer0796? If so, you can skip the part about filing a plan to a local airport, because this works just the same. You can contact Unicom for local airport information, self announce your taxi, and your position in the pattern. You can even go off and practice stalls, steep turns, or whatever else you want to do, then fly back, announce your position, place in the pattern, pretty much everything you would do on a real life flight, and I encountered lots of GA Traffic at my local airport, to keep it interesting. The one thing you will not have with this, or the other workaround I mentioned, is text prompts. It helps to know what VoxATC calls your airport.

Jay, and Mac,

thanks for your help ,and the suggestion to make dep and destination airport the same does indeed work .  So hopefully this will be of help to  others who may want to just stay in the pattern at a chosen field . Doing the above will give you that menu again , with the choice of a local flight or circuits , at least in FSX anyway !!

Jay, yes the C-42 is a great aircraft to learn to fly on and , I really wish the excellent Sim 720 version was available for 64 bit versions of P3d , and as for the upcoming , MSFS 2020 .I guess that really would be too much to expect 🙂    Oh, btw, that the default ATC is no better than previous versions really doesn't surprise me , and I think overall we may be getting swept up with ALL the hype , as usual on this one .  I'm afraid it's going to be about the Eye Candy first and foremost (including weather effects) , when the ATC and the AI traffic are just as important ,     well to us anyway !?