Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 30th, 2020 - Development Update

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Wonder is Civ6 music is ok to use on the third video. Hope it’s public domain music. Still, really good videos. 

Apparently it is not, since I got a copyright claim when uploading it on YouTube. But the only difference is I cannot monetise the video, not that I was going to anyway...

What is Windows mixed reality? Does my Index fall under this or do I have to wait longer?

Lukas Dalton

11 minutes ago, DaWu said:

What is Windows mixed reality? Does my Index fall under this or do I have to wait longer?

Index is SteamVR. You'll have to wait. Hopefully not for very long. Eventually everything will be OpenXR and this whole mess of different VR platforms will go away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really start to strongly dislike the VR closed ecosystems and that so many companies want to draw customers in with exclusive content.

I'm glad that VR support is not that far away for MSFS, but instead of giving it an open release, Microsoft couldn't resist favouring their newest own headset first...

Atrocious.

Most likely a stupid question, but can't you run SteamVR inside Windows Mixed Reality or something? I think I've done something like this with the HP Reverb. 

🙂

The more videos I watch the more it gets obvious that the flight models main flaw seems to be missing inertia. Generally the airflow seems to be addressed quite well, but the aircraft just move like paper planes.

ASOBO - please fix. This is important if you want to stay true to your claims in the aerodynamics feature discovery episode!

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, Kopteeni said:

Index is SteamVR. You'll have to wait. Hopefully not for very long. Eventually everything will be OpenXR and this whole mess of different VR platforms will go away.

that sucks big time. so we have console exclsive word not allowed now in the VR department 

Lukas Dalton

6 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Wonder is Civ6 music is ok to use on the third video. Hope it’s public domain music. Still, really good videos. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what Firaxis thinks about that! Civ 6 is currently my favorite game, but I expect that will change on August 18.

• Like 1

In several earlier videos, I remember seeing Renton KRNT looking quite good imo but its not on the list of included better than average airports.  I wonder why.

I'm thinking it all looks quite good and I still can't get over that the base sim is basically the entire planet covered in Orbx True Earth with great looking sky and now VR and such as well.

I want to visit Japan all of a sudden.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

At least with the VR being limited to WMR at first, all WMR headsets will be supported, so I should be able to use my Samsung Odyssey+ headset. I love the idea of the Reverb 2, but I can't justify another $600 at this point. Hopefully it won't be too long of a period of exclusivity.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

In several earlier videos, I remember seeing Renton KRNT looking quite good imo but its not on the list of included better than average airports.  I wonder why.

It probably got extra attention but not the custom building models like those airports did.

I actually like the idea that they are working with the best of the best newest headset for release with the fact that others will follow. I enjoy my Rift S but after seeing some videos and specs on this coming Reverb G2, I'm pre ordering that headset. If they are making the sim work for VR and using just the Reverb G2 to get it right then thats great news.

Additionally, after seeing the preview of the SFO and DEN fields and those planes that come with the deluxe, I've decided I would just get the medium version as I will want FlightBeams DEN and SFO instead and none of the planes in the highest pack interest me.