Sign in to follow this  
andrevieira

Real Traffic / AI

Hi guys.
I know there is a video that shows us that there will be real traffic.
And what is the main difference between real traffic and AI traffic?

The question is;

If a Ryanair 737 is currently landing at LEPA in this moment, in the simulator will be the same real movement?

We will not have all real liveries/airplanes of the world, or will need be waiting for a DLC/Mod?

Thanks.

It's the same as with any other of these detailed questions.

People who can tell you how it currently works are not allowed to tell you, and we also don't know if the way it currently works will be the same as on August 18th.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft seems to be working with FlightAware as DataProvider. Based on the Data flights will be injected to the Sim. Currently only a few models are added to the Sim (withut any realworl livery), there has been no word on how the models/repaints of the Sim are assigned to the Data by FA or what will happen at regions without FlightAware-Data

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I was flying in SA, nearby Viracopos (SBKP) and saw a plane from a Brazilian company (by the flight number, I wasn't near to see liveries but I believe the sim right now uses generic ones). I quickly checked online on flightradar24 and it was exactly there. The funny thing is that it was the only traffic I saw, but it is to be expected in the beta.

Well, I know we will have real traffic, but I hope that some mod/addon will come out soon, to have real liveries and planes.

Its not realistic flying around the world and seeing airports with "fake" airplanes and liveries.

Edited by andrevieira

32 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

Well, I know we will have real traffic, but I hope that some mod/addon will come out soon, to have real liveries and planes.

Its not realistic flying around the world and seeing airports with "fake" airplanes and liveries.

This is guaranteed to happen at some point.  I think the question is will it require new techniques and if so the creation of models and paints will take a lot of time so don't expect anything for a while.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

31 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

to have real liveries and planes.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that probably won't happen. Imagine the work, and licensing fees for all 5000+ airlines in the world.

• Upvote 1

FSX for example, have a lot of addons/packs to put real liveries and planes. I hope they will do the same with fs20z

1 hour ago, Joyal said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but that probably won't happen. Imagine the work, and licensing fees for all 5000+ airlines in the world.

There was an interview where Asobo commented they were late on licensing liveries due to airlines now being busy with pandemic related issues.

Edited by Marco Manieri
  • Upvote 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

I can just see it now.  Busy airport, you're 37th in line for takeoff.  Destination airport is also busy, so you have to wait an hour to land.  All this on a two hour flight.

Yes, please... give me real world airport congestion!  <sigh>

Don't mind me, I'm off exploring Alaska in a Cub and landing on sand bars.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I can just see it now.  Busy airport, you're 37th in line for takeoff.  Destination airport is also busy, so you have to wait an hour to land.  All this on a two hour flight.

Yes, please... give me real world airport congestion!  <sigh>

Don't mind me, I'm off exploring Alaska in a Cub and landing on sand bars.

Hook

Its realistic. I've always loved flying with the most real traffic possible.

Live traffic could be interesting and I’ll look forward to seeing what it can do.

However, I do hope there is still room for a non-live , third party AI traffic option like AIG-OCI.  My biggest reason is time of day flying that is different than the current real time...I’d like the option to see real traffic based on the time in the sim rather than the real current time.  

Plus, will live traffic be able to have the wide variety of airline liveries represented that AIG OCI does?  

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

31 minutes ago, andrevieira said:

Its realistic. I've always loved flying with the most real traffic possible.

Keep in mind that since it's live real world traffic, you won't be able to use time compression and you'll have to stay at the computer to respond to ATC and ground control the whole time.

Anyone willing to spend 2 hours in a traffic jam in order to do a 2 hour actual flight is a lot tougher than I am.  Let us know how that works out in practice.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

40 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Live traffic could be interesting and I’ll look forward to seeing what it can do.

However, I do hope there is still room for a non-live , third party AI traffic option like AIG-OCI.  My biggest reason is time of day flying that is different than the current real time...I’d like the option to see real traffic based on the time in the sim rather than the real current time.  

Plus, will live traffic be able to have the wide variety of airline liveries represented that AIG OCI does?  

Yes, the option to see real traffic based on the time in the sim for me sounds better. 
I fly a lot of time on FSX, and real traffic/liveries/planes for me is essencial. 
Absolutely sure that will be an addon or something similar, so that we can have real planes and liveries. I hope.

• Like 2