Sign in to follow this  
Airboeing

Today I have commited to X-Plane (again)

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I committed to cleaning up the basement.

I committed to cleaning up my basement and due to the stress, I ended up being committed.

• Like 1

I have been tech alpha on MSFS for several months. I spent the entire weekend flying it trying to decide whether I wanted to buy it or not. In the end my money went to Inibuilds and their amazing A300. Zero buyer regret. MSFS has immense potential but for me,  at this moment, it's visually stunning and simultaneously very boring. It just does not push my buttons just yet. I will keep an eye on it and wait to see what high quality third party planes bring to the immersion. 

• Like 5

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I was in the MSFS Alpha and haven't pre-purchased it either. Its not a negative reaction to the sim itself, as much as the lack of helicopters, and the lack of FSEconomy support with the required aircraft variety for that game.

I'll wait out the initial wave of reactions and will get it at some point, but I'm not in a hurry. 

• Like 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Had a great early morning flight into EHAM rwy 18R, ff 757, low clouds thick fog, with live traffic addon, watching my tcas I squeezed in between two other aircraft on final for landing then followed the aircraft in front of me for the long taxi to the gate with another aircraft hot on my trail. X plane stays.

Edited by bugbee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bugbee said:

Had a great early morning flight into EHAM rwy 18R, ff 757, low clouds thick fog, with live traffic addon, watching my tcas I squeezed in between two other aircraft on final for landing then followed the aircraft in front of me for the long taxi to the gate with another aircraft hot on my trail. X plane stays.

you bet it stays, the new sim in town needs future pc tech to run over 30fps with no stutters...all videos online have terrible performance....thank god i refunded my Steam copy.....p3dv4/5 and xp11 until the RTX 3080 and 4080 release👍  i'm off to buy the new iniA300 now, haven't bought anything since summer 2019, i thought msfs would be great....boy was i wrong.

Edited by Martin Byrde
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Martin Byrde said:

you bet it stays, the new sim in town needs future pc tech to run over 30fps with no stutters...all videos online have terrible performance....thank god i refunded my Steam copy.....p3dv4/5 and xp11 until the RTX 3080 and 4080 release👍  i'm off to buy the new iniA300 now, haven't bought anything since summer 2019, i thought msfs would be great....boy was i wrong.

I paid a one dollar since there is other games I want to play. I do not think hardware is going to solve the stutters, they will need to start re-coding.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I got a refund for p3dv5 3 days before msfs release date was announced.

Probably should have put the money toward the A 300, definitely one to get. I bought fsx one year after it was first released. Just too busy learning new airplanes and building up a sim, takes time.

16 hours ago, Martin Byrde said:

last night i decided to download msfs(Gamepass $1 edition)  on a 4month old 2020 gaming Asus Laptop and it ran flawlessly on it....i guess i panicked for nothing....oh well back to flying 3 sims now 😁  if you have a good computer and fast internet, give msfs a try, it's an amazing new experience.

Just put in my request for refund for MSFS. Game is completely unacceptable in its current state. Visually stunning but far too many issues to count to justify starting a migration.

I really like MFS, and believe it will be an excellent platform for the future of flight simulation games, together with X-Plane. Each on it' own.

Give it a bit more time... I was accustomed to wait for years for stuff to get fixed in X-Plane, so why not give other sims I like the same benefit, provided they fill other requirements ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

"Msfs need future pc.." all over again, just like fsx, complete BS and a wishful thinking excuse for a badly optimized engine.

MSFS needs an API that suits real time simulation, Vulkan/dx12.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:33 AM, mtaxp said:

"Msfs need future pc.." all over again, just like fsx, complete BS and a wishful thinking excuse for a badly optimized engine.

MSFS needs an API that suits real time simulation, Vulkan/dx12.

I get better fps in MSFS than in X-Plane 11 with vulkan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

3 minutes ago, Slides said:

I get better fps in MSFS than in X-Plane 11 with vulkan.

I'm very interested to see your settings in both, as well as the difference, as a percentage, in fps.

• Upvote 1

No comment as i can't even freaking download it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus