Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

Where's the wheather at CRZ altitudes?

OK, getting concerned here now.

In all the previews I see interesting wheather happening at relatively low altitudes (say, under FL250 or so)

But higher than that, BLUE skies. No Cirrus clouds, nothing. always clean

So, if this is an omission in the sim, it means those medium/laung hauls with the 320/747/787 jets at FL300 - 400 are going to be extremely boring

Please show me I am wrong !

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

You are talking of weather or of clouds ? And have you watched their two weather presentations ? Here they are if you haven’t. 

And hey @Asobo could you show the kids some darn  cirrus once and for all 😅 ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

You are talking of weather or of clouds ? And have you watched their two weather presentations ? Here they are if you haven’t. 

And hey @Asobo could you show the kids some darn  cirrus once and for all 😅 ! 

Well, Cirrus clouds in the first place, in all sorts and variations, The only clouds i have seen at high altitude are soft, not the feathered Cirrus we all know.

Do you see it in their presentations?

Yes, Asobo, please show this 52 yr old kid with 25+ years of flightsim experience that he does not need to worry having to fly in a clean dark blue vacuum above FL300 like in X-plane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

need i say more?

flying at FL360 - no cirrus

I'm beginning to believe that MSFS2020 does not show this due to missing info on Cirrus in METAR

So we will have to wait for some update or addon from TPD to add fake layers clouds perhaps

Antoine v Heck
---

Being an amateur astronomer it would be great if this Sim also rendered Noctilucent Clouds.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Volumetric cloud engines typically cannot model the beautiful cirrus you see in REX / ASCA.  Xenviro also doesn’t model cirrus nor does trusky. Don’t know the technical details why it’s not possible. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

These volumetric engines model cirrus like a puffy cloud layer not like the beautiful painting in REX etc.  

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, avhpilot said:

Please show me I am wrong !

Well, maybe you are right... 

• Upvote 1

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I think i haven't seen a single Stratus cloud yet....Everything i saw was more or less constructed of different shapes of cumulus clouds.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

This game doesn't even let me use lavatories. Serious failure on Asobo/Microsoft's part. How else am I supposed to enjoy this game?

0/10 not realistic.

Edited by Joyal

3 minutes ago, Joyal said:

This game doesn't even let me use lavatories. Serious failure on Asobo/Microsoft's part. How else am I supposed to enjoy this game?

0/10 not realistic.

Whats ur point?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Whats ur point?

Same as yours. I am just getting concerned that such realism isn't shown in this game. They have these "revolutionary" flight models with lavatories but no way to use it. Seriously concerned about it.

6 minutes ago, Joyal said:

This game doesn't even let me use lavatories.

It will, but it is suggested to put your plane on autopilot.  Hm... on second thought... 😄 

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

8 minutes ago, Joyal said:

Same as yours. I am just getting concerned that such realism isn't shown in this game. They have these "revolutionary" flight models with lavatories but no way to use it. Seriously concerned about it.

Why did i even ask...