Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Reliability of avsim

It wasn't an AVSIM server problem!  Major storm caused power outage.  The serve then had to be rebooted.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

It wasn't an AVSIM server problem!  Major storm caused power outage.  The serve then had to be rebooted.

2000 called. They want their hosting back.

Seriously, you need a better provider.

Cheers!

• Like 4

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

17 minutes ago, Luke said:

2000 called. They want their hosting back.

Seriously, you need a better provider.

Cheers!

Funny you should say that!  Fltsim.com is getting ready to go down.  Just tried it and it took forever for it to show and can't navigate it.

Good timing!🙄

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

23 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Funny you should say that!  Fltsim.com is getting ready to go down.  Just tried it and it took forever for it to show and can't navigate it.

Good timing!🙄

I'm not sure what their reliability (or lack thereof) has to do with anything. If you have physical hardware or unreliable power, you're doing it wrong.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

37 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm not sure what their reliability (or lack thereof) has to do with anything. If you have physical hardware or unreliable power, you're doing it wrong.

Cheers!

You are pissin' into the wind talking to me about it!  I'm not the site owner.  I'm here when it's working and elsewhere when it ain't.

• Like 3

Charlie Aron

30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Cheers!

Actually the data center has (normally) a reliable backup generator. For some reason we don't know, it did not start automatically and switch over.

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm glad to hear that AVSIM should be OK during the zombie apocalypse, assuming the backup genny does it's job.... (incidentally, how much diesel do you have for that generator??) :biggrin: 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

No idea whatever. It may well be natural gas for all I know... 

...which isn't much really!

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I agree with Bill!  Probably natural gas or one heck of a large propane tank.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

So it was down again about an hour or two ago. Anyone else have this problem? I tried isitdownrightnow but that said it was up. Never been totally convinced by what they say though.

No issues here...perhaps the issue is not with Avsim's servers?