Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

Here’s my wife’s question related to the 18th

Well, to the OP, here's a suggestion. Once your in the act (so to speak), whisper to your missus: 'Wallbanger 01, two minutes out, fully established'. 🤣

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 hours ago, rtodepart said:

Its 3:30 am you’re just about to contact approach inbound to LAX and then out of the sudden I show up half naked next to your desk with full on clearance to do with me as you please  . What would you do ? 

Im not lying she actually layed down this scenario for me last night as I tryed to explain to her for the 87k time how exited i was about the 18 . And i was unable to spit out a solid answer right away. 

So, you have a choice between KLAX and KLAY? I know what I would do.....

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Active pause is for kids.

Establish dominance in the frequency by letting Approach know you’ll be proceeding direct To waypoint KLITT and doing a holding pattern to dump fuel. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Nah,  the plane is crashing

That would have been years 0-5...it’s a sliding scale 😃

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Active pause is for kids.

Establish dominance in the frequency by letting Approach know you’ll be proceeding direct To waypoint KLITT and doing a holding pattern to dump fuel. 

I think that might be the funniest thing I've ever read on Avsim. 🤣

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That's what autopilots are made for.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

You married your wife not your sim. The sim will be there afterwards. 

Besides do you want to be alone with half your stuff 

or have all of your stuff and use it half the time?

• Like 2

Ciao!

On 7/31/2020 at 6:10 PM, rtodepart said:

Its 3:30 am you’re just about to contact approach inbound to LAX and then out of the sudden I show up half naked next to your desk with full on clearance to do with me as you please  . What would you do ? 

Im not lying she actually layed down this scenario for me last night as I tryed to explain to her for the 87k time how exited i was about the 18 . And i was unable to spit out a solid answer right away. 

Wow, you have a great wife, if that happened to me, the first thing I'd do is pinch myself and wake up because I've fallen asleep at the wheel. If she's up at that time (half naked or otherwise) the chances are I'm in trouble... and if I'm not then I will be by morning.

Having said that, if it really happened; I'd immediately divert and clear myself for the backcourse approach to Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport, probably to be told to go around for a precision talk down to the reciprocal (to make sure I don't get lost)... then I'd wake up... but with a bigger...

smile on my face. 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, briansommers said:

Besides do you want to be alone with NONE of your stuff ..

Fixed it for ya! :biggrin: Assuming divorce if someone chose to land the sim and not attend to their missus..🍻

1 hour ago, iwebber said:

If she's up at that time (half naked or otherwise) the chances are I'm in trouble... and if I'm not then I will be by morning...

I know what you mean! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Realistically speaking? You're simulating being a pilot (even if you're a pilot in real life) using a flight simulator on your PC - the plane on screen, the environment.. all NOT real - just a sim. Your wife is real, life's too short. She is a real person, the 500 pax on the virtual jet aren't. Go procreate, or simulate procreation if you've had a vasectomy..

(too much??) :biggrin:

Don't forget some wives are actually not real either, they are just pretending to be a wife.  If that's your situation then my advice is to contact clearance!

Edited by carmined
  • Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Answer:

What would OTTO do? 😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

That would have been years 0-5...it’s a sliding scale 😃

I’ve been married 20 years.  The opportunities are so seldom, you have to take them when they present themselves.

• Upvote 1