Sign in to follow this  
ap1

Plan-G and LittleNavMap

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

LittleNavMap works wonderfully. and I would encourage you to check it out, and if it meets your needs, to support @albar965 Alex.  I have waited to add the MSFS database as I am holding off on Navigraph integration (though after the last few posts on their cooperative efforts with FBW, that will probably change immediately).  Still, it gives me all the information I am looking for in EACH SIM I FLY.  Added to that is the ability to choose Google Maps or AVIATION CHARTS as the layer... and I'm smiling.

C

Yes, get LNM, everythong works beautifully, its the best freeware (to me anyways) 

Only thing i can see is it doesnt display live players. (it displays IVAO traffic tho) 

• Like 1

Now it asks me to install Net Core when I try to open Plan-G. 

I have installed Net Core.

And yet it still asks me to install it. 

Edit: I installed the x64 version Net core, now with the x86 it works.

Edited by Republic3D
fixed

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

31 minutes ago, Tim Arnot said:

What version of Plan-Gv4 are you running? There were some early builds that didn't have magvar implemented, and that may be skewing them (depending on where in the world you're looking).

Edit: current build is 232, for reference.

I've now updated to the 232 version.

And repopulated the database. But it's still the same issue. I think it's a Flight Simulator issue, not a Plan-G issue. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

17 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I've now updated to the 232 version.

And repopulated the database. But it's still the same issue. I think it's a Flight Simulator issue, not a Plan-G issue. 

Looking at KTCM (since OSM provided the image above), ILS 34.

According to the FAA chart, the LOC has a heading of 345 magnetic:

00414IL34.PDF

Looking at the databases for a bunch of sims:

FSX: Hdg 359.75 Var 340
XP11: Hdg 359.8 Var 344
MSFS: Hdg 345 Var 345

What seems to be happening is that the headings stored in FSX, Plane (and P3D) are True, whereas the MSFS value is Magnetic. In the PNW, where the magnetic variation is up around 20 degrees, that difference is very obvious. Now it could be that I'm missing a flag in the bgl - I'll need to do some more investigation, but that's definitely something that'll get fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

So probably in a  thousand years 😄 

I see what you did there 😜

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim Arnot said:

Looking at KTCM (since OSM provided the image above), ILS 34.

According to the FAA chart, the LOC has a heading of 345 magnetic:

00414IL34.PDF

Looking at the databases for a bunch of sims:

FSX: Hdg 359.75 Var 340
XP11: Hdg 359.8 Var 344
MSFS: Hdg 345 Var 345

What seems to be happening is that the headings stored in FSX, Plane (and P3D) are True, whereas the MSFS value is Magnetic. In the PNW, where the magnetic variation is up around 20 degrees, that difference is very obvious. Now it could be that I'm missing a flag in the bgl - I'll need to do some more investigation, but that's definitely something that'll get fixed.

That is a very astute observation!

I have also seen the follwing: I look at the Plan-G data, I enter the Nav frequency for the ILS and set the course as Plan-G shows it. But in some aircraft, namely G3000 fitted planes like the TBM930, the course is automatically set when you enter the frequency. And that course has been off by about 5 degrees or so compared to the Plan-G one. Interestingly, I have flown these ILS approaches without any issues (for the most part) in the TBM930, but if I fly by the Plan-G course in the Mooney with "steam gauges", the approach is a bit offset like observed. 

Sorry that was probably a weird way of describing it. But I'm glad you figured it out. So is this a Plan-G issue or a FS2020 issue?

On balance I'll have to say Plan-G: FS2020 redefined the heading from true to magnetic, and Plan-G didn't anticipate that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I have also seen the follwing: I look at the Plan-G data, I enter the Nav frequency for the ILS and set the course as Plan-G shows it. But in some aircraft, namely G3000 fitted planes like the TBM930, the course is automatically set when you enter the frequency. And that course has been off by about 5 degrees or so compared to the Plan-G one. Interestingly, I have flown these ILS approaches without any issues (for the most part) in the TBM930, but if I fly by the Plan-G course in the Mooney with "steam gauges", the approach is a bit offset like observed. 

I haven't flown any approaches in this region, and can't really speak to the 5 degrees difference at this time, although the change in magnetic variation between FSX (WMM2005) and MSFS (WMM2020) is 5 degrees (which may or may not be pertinent - it's just an observation right now).

• Like 1

Is or will LNM be available for iOS? Would love to use it on my iPad since all other spare Win10 laptops are used for home schooling of my kids in these challenging times which only leaves me my very own iPad

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"