Sign in to follow this  
stewie007

Price for Premium Deluxe in India is not justified. 90 euro!

This message has to reach xbox. 

Just 30 euro difference to europe. Xbox forgot to change the price for india it seems.

Why is that not justified?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Why is that not justified?

Maybe because it's in India? The average wage in India is less than $500 per month.

You and others here who cavalierly talk about how you have no problem spending over a hundred dollars/pounds/euros for an addon plane perhaps forget that a lot of people aren't as well off financially as you are.

Dave

Edited by dave2013
  • Like 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

12 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Maybe because it's in India? The average wage in India is less than $500 per month.

You and others here who cavalierly talk about how you have no problem spending hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros for an addon plane perhaps forget that a lot of people aren't as well off financially as you are.

Dave

Erm, at what point have I ever talked about spending hundreds of Dollars in a cavalier fashion? I'd be interested if you could point to the occasion(s) when I have done this.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

The problem i see is that many people would exploit it and would buy it with the help of a VPN if they lower the price drastically. You can already notice that when reading in other forums. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Erm, at what point have I ever talked about spending hundreds of Dollars in a cavalier fashion? I'd be interested if you could point to the occasion(s) when I have done this.

"I should think the one thing nobody would seriously be able to accuse the Majestic Dash 8 of being, is overpriced; frankly it's  the most keenly priced quality add-on aeroplane there is for a flight sim. They could cheerfully double the price of it and it would still be pretty good value considering the level of fidelity it offers."

That's a direct quote from you in a thread about the Q400 in MSFS 2020.

I said "hundreds" when maybe I should have said "over a hundred".  I edited my post.  Sorry about that.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Devil's Advocate here: Why would any company sell a product for different prices throughout the world? If the Premium Deluxe is £109.99 in the UK, then why isn't it the equivalent price worldwide 122.19 Euro?

Turn it on it's head, why can't we in the UK get the product for 90 euros ?? 10999 rupees approx. 

Now I do applaud businesses who try and be generous deciding to reduce the retail price in a country which is less well off in terms of wages etc. but would that company not then be making a loss and in doing so would not remain in business very long?

Would an Indian Lamborghini buyer get their new Lambo for less than what I would get charged in the UK for the same car??

How many companies operate such a pricing structure I wonder?

Not having a go, just genuinely curious as to why this business practice occurs and what should the price be in India? 60 or 70 Euros less than retail?

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Devil's Advocate here: Why would any company sell a product for different prices throughout the world? If the Premium Deluxe is £109.99 in the UK, then why isn't it the equivalent price worldwide 122.19 Euro?

Turn it on it's head, why can't we in the UK get the product for 90 euros ?? 10999 rupees approx. 

Now I do applaud businesses who try and be generous deciding to reduce the retail price in a country which is less well off in terms of wages etc. but would that company not then be making a loss and in doing so would not remain in business very long?

Would an Indian Lamborghini buyer get their new Lambo for less than what I would get charged in the UK for the same car??

How many companies operate such a pricing structure I wonder?

Not having a go, just genuinely curious as to why this business practice occurs and what should the price be in India? 60 or 70 Euros less than retail?

Because a typical person living in a relatively poor country simply cannot afford to pay the same as what those of us in wealthy countries can.

If the producer doesn't lower the price in the poorer country then they won't be able to sell much of their product there.

Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Because a typical person living in a relatively poor country simply cannot afford to pay the same as what those of us in wealthy countries can.

If the producer doesn't lower the price in the poorer country then they won't be able to sell much of their product there.

Dave

They aren’t going to lower the price. No one in India who can afford a gaming computer and good internet can’t also afford MSFS.

The standard version is always an option as well. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

There is always the monthly Gamepass...

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, dave2013 said:

Dave, I know that.. but, again Devil's Advocate...

Why would a company decide to lose out to make a sale? A sale isn't a sale unless profit can be made - nice gestures notwithstanding. Surely a company doesn't think it HAS to sell. If a poorer country cannot afford their product then no business. Isn't that how a free market works?

I cannot afford a Lamborghini - are they going to give me a discount so that I can buy one? I do not think so.. "But, you'll make a sale!!", "Ah, Signore Robinson, non sta succedendo!" 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 minutes ago, CallsignDE said:

The problem i see is that many people would exploit it and would buy it with the help of a VPN if they lower the price drastically. You can already notice that when reading in other forums. 

Darn, I never thought of that. I paid full pop plus 13% HST.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

22 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

"I should think the one thing nobody would seriously be able to accuse the Majestic Dash 8 of being, is overpriced; frankly it's  the most keenly priced quality add-on aeroplane there is for a flight sim. They could cheerfully double the price of it and it would still be pretty good value considering the level of fidelity it offers."

Dave

Yup, and it's neither cavalier, nor incorrect, and nor does your selection of that quote have anything to do with some kind of philanthropic championing the poor of India on behalf of us all, it is because you clearly objected to me pointing out that your claim that the product was 'overpriced' did not stand up to market scrutiny at all on that thread which the quote is from. And you know this too.

If we were talking about bread, or medicines, or clothes or some other more vital products being prohibitively expensive in a country, I would say it had some justificatioon, but we're not, it's a toy we're talking about, it's in no way vital nor compulsory. People might want it, and find it expensive, but then that's up to them if they want to spend the money. I would like a new GA aeroplane and cannot afford one, does this mean Beechcraft should lower its prices in sympathy for me? No, it's on me to either find the money, and if I truly wanted one that badly in favour of all else in my life, I am sure I would find a way to get that money.

And guess what? I'm not on that much money myself, especially now whilst being furloughed, so the price of the new sim was something I had to weigh up, but I decided I wanted it, so I decided to prioritise the cash in that direction.

So just drop the fake moralising, because it isn't in the least bit convincing. And remember, you started this by suggesting I was cavalier and intimating that I am some kind of wealthy self-centred git, swanning about and not caring about other people. You don't know me, you don't know my personal circumstances, nor whether I contribute to any charitable causes, nor why I asked that question of the OP, you just made a wild-@ss assumption that I was uncaring of the economic climate in another country and didn't even think about it.

And don't bother responding, because I've blocked you, and you are the first and only person I've ever done that to on Avsim in all the time I've been on here.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

25 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I said "hundreds" when maybe I should have said "over a hundred".  I edited my post.  Sorry about that.

Dave

That wasn’t “cavalier”. Chock was responding to someone who singled out the q400 as overpriced. By flightsim standards, it’s not (its a great plane at a decent price compared to fsl/pmdg etc)

i remember the thread, and you are quoting him out if context here.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."