Sign in to follow this  
stewie007

Price for Premium Deluxe in India is not justified. 90 euro!

Here's hoping it sets a precedent. Presumably, a company is still making a profit at the reduced price therefore I demand that they sell the product to me at that same reduced price because hey, a sale's a sale right? Plus I now know that the company is ripping me off by about 30 Euros... :tongue:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Just now, HighBypass said:

Here's hoping it sets a precedent. Presumably, a company is still making a profit at the reduced price therefore I demand that they sell the product to me at that same reduced price because hey, a sale's a sale right? Plus I now know that the company is ripping me off by about 30 Euros... :tongue:

No,they sell in a reduced price in other countries otherwise there would be litte sales and a gigantic amount of piracy. That's why everyone that knows steam well are buying MSFS there.

• Like 2

imyj2f-5.png

There is a lot of Weath in India.  Don't think everyone are living in slums.  I have seen it first hand when I visited in 2009 very wealthy family by an ex friend in Mumbai.

As another poster said, those who cannot afford flight sim would not even have a PC.  There are a lot of Indian flight simmers and would have no problem paying the price.

Lots of the younger generation have very wealthy family.

• Upvote 1

Ah, so now we are on dodgy ground as far as AVSIM rules go, but I will say this (hopefully). If the company is making a healthy profit from sales in other countries then why would they care about one country pirating their product? If a person obtained a pirate copy then they may quickly find that their copy may not work for very long.

If the company do sell cheaply to a country then they are obviously acknowledging such piracy exists within that country and perhaps are thus condoning a lesser amount of piracy. The company should retain the moral high ground and not sell to a bunch of pirates...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well, as the add-on has a fixed cost price, they just would raise their revenue by converting to regional pricing. There's just no reasons not to incorporate this price model.

imyj2f-5.png

I'm not saying that software doesn't cost anything, but it indeed costs very little to distribute millions of copies of a software product versus having to manufacture something, warehouse it, deliver it via truck/plane/train, etc.

Another poster here has good point about the streaming service having a cost.  This does make MSFS 2020 a bit different in that respect as adding many new users would necessitate increased spending on file servers, bandwidth, etc.  I remain very surprised that Microsoft is not charging a subscription fee for the streaming data.

Lastly, I find it astonishing how some responses to this are of the "let them eat cake" variety when it comes to poorer people being able to afford the simulator.  How utterly selfish.

Dave

• Like 4

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

6 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

How utterly selfish

Nonsense. I say again, why whinge and complain here, nothing here can change Microsoft's pricing policy, like it or not. If you have a problem, complain to Microsoft - they set the pricing, not the Avsim community.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

2 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

Maybe they could focus on purchasing other necessities first, and worry about opulence later.  Such as toilets..so as to stop the poor from using the open fields.

do you typically consider the less fortunate in your country when making purchases?  or do you see to it that their needs are met prior to any big budget items you want to buy?

Microsoft surprised me with regional price here in brazil, the standard version costs around R$200($39 dollars) and the premium deluxe R$340(65$ dollars). It's a good price since the basic salary costs around R$1000($199 dollars).

• Like 2

The price seems fine to me. I am from India and will go for the basic version which costs about as much as any mainstream AAA title.

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

2 hours ago, ajaybala said:

The price seems fine to me. I am from India and will go for the basic version which costs about as much as any mainstream AAA title.

Cool, watch a ton of Bolly movies years ago! 

It could be it's a policy of generosity for low wage countries, it would be nice if this is the case.

It could also be it's plain profit maximization via price differentiation. Marketing knows their countries, they make estimations on price sensitivity and find the optimum for price * volume - costs.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

how to i contact xbox game studios? should i act like i apply and then tell them that they did a mistake in the indian price?

@people who complain in this thread for stupid reasons, like they paid much more than indians, it is normal to reduce prices in india. but 30% is nothing XD

Edited by stewie007

Thing is, sure India has its haves and have nots, and maybe a lot of the have nots, but it's really just a version of everywhere. Anyone who thinks the UK, or the US, or France, Germany or wherever does not have people who are struggling too, is just not looking very far. Take a walk through London and see how many people are sleeping in the underpasses of the bridges right next to the Palace of Westminster, and you can see the same in any city or town in any country in the world.

Even those among us who do have a roof over their head are in many cases a mere three wage packets away from being in deep trouble financially, and even more so now the joy that is Covid 19 has devastated many job sectors. But if I should find myself homeless and cold on the street, I can assure everyone that my main thought will not be, if only the Premium Deluxe Version of the new MS Flight Simulator was not subject to an additional 20% VAT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here