Sign in to follow this  
TedK

Falcon 50 2 things

Just downloaded the most recent update. I noticed 2 things:

First, the new Dynamic lighting is great when operating at night. Runways and taxiways look fantastic. The only thing is, the Taxi/Landing lights illuminate everything during the brightest part of the day. Bright sunlight and the Taxi lights are lighting up the side of the hanger and other objects like a nuclear blast. Also, you shouldn't be able to see the glow of the Nav and Strobe lights from inside the cabin during daylight hours.

Second, when moving the hydraulic system selector up (towards #1 On) it applies the toe breaks and locks them there until you reboot the airplane. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

7 hours ago, TedK said:

What sim?

If you have brake pedals they should release when you tap them after moving the brake selector into the #1 position.

Al

Edited by ark

18 hours ago, TedK said:

First, the new Dynamic lighting is great when operating at night. Runways and taxiways look fantastic. The only thing is, the Taxi/Landing lights illuminate everything during the brightest part of the day. Bright sunlight and the Taxi lights are lighting up the side of the hanger and other objects like a nuclear blast. Also, you shouldn't be able to see the glow of the Nav and Strobe lights from inside the cabin during daylight hours.

Second, when moving the hydraulic system selector up (towards #1 On) it applies the toe breaks and locks them there until you reboot the airplane. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I have these issues too. I don't dare try to move that hyd lever now because half the time the brakes lock up. P3D v5 HF2

5 hours ago, pilatuz said:

I have these issues too. I don't dare try to move that hyd lever now because half the time the brakes lock up. P3D v5 HF2

Did you try tapping the brakes after returning the lever to position #1?

Al

I've tried combinations of everything including full shut down and start up. Might be a bug

On 8/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, pilatuz said:

I've tried combinations of everything including full shut down and start up. Might be a bug

Hmm... tapping the brake peddles after turning of the emergency and parking brakes and returning the lever to position #1, seems to work for me. However, if you want to try a modified Falcon50 cab file, download it from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kfv7f7c1smfohgz/AAAPWZTOrH40-pu4SiF0Mnqea?dl=0

and paste the Falcon50.cab file into the Falcon50 panel folder in place of the original one. You should first backup the original Falcon50.cab file by renaming it to Falcon50_Orig.cab. After switching cab files, start the sim and see if the brake problem is fixed.

Al

Edited by ark

6 minutes ago, pilatuz said:

Ok i will try when i can. Curious what does the new file change?

Changes some of the emergency brake code.

Al

1 hour ago, ark said:

Changes some of the emergency brake code.

Al

Cool, traveling the next few days, can get it checked when I'm done! Thanks!

On 7/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, ark said:

What sim?

If you have brake pedals they should release when you tap them after moving the brake selector into the #1 position.

Al

I'm using v4.5. I don't have break pedals. Haven't found a set that resembles realism, so rather go with none. I've tried using the (.) key and also the 2 keys I have assigned for differential breaking, also clicking on the parking break at the top of the panel, with no success. I see you posted a fix for Pilatuz but he has v5. Will it work for V4.5?

As mentioned before, the new landing lights illuminate the runway beautifully. Can the Taxi light be aimed down a bit? It's illuminating the sim objects more than the ground, even during the day. Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, TedK said:

I see you posted a fix for Pilatuz but he has v5. Will it work for V4.5?

Yes, you can try that potential fix in V4.5. Backup the original Falcon50.cab file as suggested above so you can easily reuse it if necessary.

I will pass on the landing lights issue to Mark at FSW so he is aware of your input.

Al

Edited by ark

6 hours ago, ark said:

Yes, you can try that potential fix in V4.5. Backup the original Falcon50.cab file as suggested above so you can easily reuse it if necessary.

Thanks, I will try that fix and let you know what happens.

If anyone want to try a simple potential fix for the Falcon50 lights issue identified above (lights too bright in the daytime), PM me an email address and which sim (P3Dv4.5 or v5) you are using. This potential fix just evolves pasting a single replacement file into the sim's Effects folder. As always, you should back up the original effects file by renaming it.

Al

Edited by ark

Al's fix worked great for me in P3d 4.5.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

On 8/5/2020 at 7:41 PM, ark said:

If anyone want to try a simple potential fix for the Falcon50 lights issue identified above (lights to bright in the daytime), PM and email address and which sim (P3Dv4.5 or v5) you are using. This potential fix just evolves pasting a single replacement file into the sim's Effects folder. As always, you should back up the original effects file by renaming it.

Al

I have reported this issue months and month ago, both in a post with attached pictures and also in another thread by someone reporting the same issue yet again.  No response to either.  I even asked WickedBacon if he would take a look at the issue before leaving his last recent textures exercise (he said he would, but clearly never had the time).  For me it really spoils the Falcon, so yes please, I'll try the effects file. PM on the way.

Ariel