Sign in to follow this  
Lotharen

What Joystick/Yoke Combo will you use?

Title pretty much says it all. What do you plan on using with MSFS2020? I have a CH Eclipse yoke but I'm not really a fan, its finicky and tends to stick a bit when I try to level out from climbs or decent. I saw Thrustmaster has a new joystick coming out and was thinking about getting it. I know a joystick isn't realistic with GA aircraft like the Cessna but I'm curious about it.

So, how about it. What will you use or get for your flights?

Honeycomb yoke.

MS Sidewinder FF stick.

Thrustmaster warthog throttle (and 2x Saitek throttle quadrants as an alternative, but i like the feel of the Warthog more, plus the multitude of buttons is great)

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

MSFF2. As far as yokes I have only tried the Saitek once and God how much did I hate it. If I’m using some unrealistic control for the sim it better be a good one at least. Would like to try the Honeycomb one day though.

• Like 1

Currently I have the Saitek ProFlight Yoke and the new Thrustmaster Airbus TCA.

I plan to upgrade to the Honeycomb Yoke when their Throttle Quadrant is nearing release.

• Like 1

a very old saitek x45 system. still in good working order, i am afraid they dont make this quality anymore, unless for ridiculous pricing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a Saitek X52 joystick and throttle and of course I'm going to connect that to see how it can be tuned and tweaked in MSFS. I also have a Connexxion space mouse which I hope can be used for 6 DoF cameras movement. But I'll probably be doing most of the flying with my DIY home built joystick and throttle. They may look like $£%&, but they fly very smooth. 🙂 And in the middle there is my home built Radios and Autopilot panel, fully functional since last week ... video here.

39129576dh.jpg

• Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

6 hours ago, badderjet said:

MSFF2. As far as yokes I have only tried the Saitek once and God how much did I hate it. If I’m using some unrealistic control for the sim it better be a good one at least. Would like to try the Honeycomb one day though.

I used to have the MSFF2, sadly it stopped working. Was an amazing joystick. I loved that when I trimmed I could tell when the force in the stick died that I had it right.

Play combat flight sims as well so I'll be sticking with my VKB Gunfighter Mk II. Paired for the moment with X-55 throttle but once VKB come out with their TECS throttle early next year I'll getting that for sure. Might pick up the Honeycomb yoke at some point. 

• Like 1

I'll be starting off with my aging Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner FF joystick to see how things are before committing another small fortune to the sim. I can't get DCS World to work with it as it causes the sim to crash, and it has always been quite digitally and imprecise, especially on landings, with FSX. I can be on a decent manually-controlled glideslope, almost perfectly line up for the runway but a slight adjustment can send me heading for the taxiway instead of the runway!

So, the plan is to get a Honeycomb yoke, and eventually the Bravo throttle quadrant to go with it. I had been tempted by the Saitek yoke when Amazon dropped the price, but comparison reviews put me off as it didn't seem as good value for money after that, though I'm generally a fan of Logitech devices, especially keyboards and mice. 

The Thrustmaster Airbus joystick would be tempting if I decided to get a new stick down the line.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Currently have Saitek X55, CH Yoke, CH TQ and Rudders attached to my P3D system. Everything is mapped through FSUIPC to auto switch depending on type of a/c. Have any testers commented on connecting multiple devices versus plugging in one or the other?  I would assume, 🙂 , that the Rudder and TQ and either yoke or stick would work but how about both?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Honeycomb Yoke, Logitech rudder pedals, Logitech throttle until Honeycomb Quadrant comes out.

Lynchie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lotharen said:

I used to have the MSFF2, sadly it stopped working. Was an amazing joystick. I loved that when I trimmed I could tell when the force in the stick died that I had it right.

Only with FSForce, no? The default trim has always been wrong iirc.