Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Baku (GYD) to Shannon (SNN) in an An-225

Always could do a bit of Mriya sighting around here, Ed,....lovely pictures....(look at those rows of rear wheels...!!)....

Great video too...! The fly-by lift-off (and touch-down) of this giant, is just wonderful to look at...!

[BTW, I'd read, the AN-225 has been quite busy, lately, carrying Medical Cargo, around, in these troubling times...]

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind comments Jay, John and P_7878 (I'm sorry I do not know your name) 

AVSIM is a lot kinder place than the Russian version.😄

My Mriya panel needs updating (new altimeter and engine gauges) thanks to videos by the Mriya Captain.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_itQ8eJZ2qZQcu2feXWhDg/videos

• Like 2

[Welcome, Ed...true about "kinder" place, at least around here...🙂...]

BTW, I was watching your video again....you've an interesting mixture of English and Cyrillic alphabets on the screen of that "KOHTYP" unit, of yours....

And, I know you've customized this An-225 plane (external & internal), but, what's your source SIM that you started with....is it from Tom Ruth, by any chance (I have that one)....? But, it must be an endless task to (customized) perfection, for sure....🙂...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 2:19 AM, P_7878 said:

And, I know you've customized this An-225 plane (external & internal), but, what's your source SIM that you started with....is it from Tom Ruth, by any chance (I have that one)....? But, it must be an endless task to (customized) perfection, for sure....🙂...

The model is by Tom Ruth.

I have now updated the engine gauges to digital ones and the altimeter is now a THOMMEN Altimeter AD32 as they are today IRL

50195829158_5796ce8c3a_h.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:19 AM, P_7878 said:

that "KOHTYP"

How cool is this, a GPS wishing you a lucky flight?

Magnificient pictures and video, of course. Beside Baku being a perfect playground for this type of aircraft, I liked the wingflex at touchdown most, and then the birds flying over.

By the way, are the callouts at approach in Russian or Ukrainian? They sound somehow different to those in the Tu-134, but I'm not sure if it is another language or just another typology.

I wish I could spot this plane in real world another time, as the only time was a flyover over my house some 1,000 feet above when approaching Leipzig Airport.

• Like 1

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ed:

Thanks...! I'd then (correctly) thought of Tom Ruth...an admirable (and prolific) contributor of freeware gems, advancing our personal hobby and aviation interests...

Looks like, your customized An-225 Panel keeps getting better, but, the work is never done, I guess....And, for a moment, I thought you'd actually run your Panel by a (RW) Mriya Captain...that would be the real test...! (One never knows, you seem to be having connections in such (high) places...🙂...)...

BTW, that's a massive (and impressive) collection of An-225 Video Clips...! Liked the one in the "Last but One Row", 3rd in that Row, "Sunrise over Turkey"....

Harald:

"...a GPS wishing you a lucky flight?"....🙂...

This plane seems to be a hot commodity these days...it was in U.S./Canada very recently, in Anchorage/Toronto, among other cities...it would be wonderful to catch a glimpse of it, sometime,...after all, there is just one...

And, I was scanning a bit, today, and caught the Antonov Airlines' slogan for it, "NO OTHER NAME CARRIES MORE WEIGHT"...🙂...

Edited by P_7878

On 8/6/2020 at 9:49 PM, HaraldG said:

How cool is this, a GPS wishing you a lucky flight?

Thankyou Harald, I did not know that. 😄

On 8/6/2020 at 9:49 PM, HaraldG said:

By the way, are the callouts at approach in Russian or Ukrainian? They sound somehow different to those in the Tu-134, but I'm not sure if it is another language or just another typology.

Must be Russian seeing as I translated them. 🤓

• Like 1