Sign in to follow this  
d25bev

Nitpicking a brilliant looking game

My nitpick is they could make the city lights turn on earlier or when there is a dark storm overhead. Sometimes the city looks like it’s in a blackout.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great points. the water looks like it came out of an early version of GTA (as per that screenshot). I hope they fix that in an update. 

Edited by ThrottleUp

2 hours ago, Bigsby said:

I'm hoping that somewhere in the sims innards where it tells it to load a Bing map ,a computer whiz makes a mod to load Google map instead.It's obvious why Asobo and Microsoft can't do this(if it can be done at all) but someone is sure to try.

I think you missed the memo about Azure. It’s not only a direct usage of the map service. 

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, Shug said:

Don't buy it then and you'll save yourself a lot of angst 😉

I’m pretty sure he already pre-ordered it just so he can take screenshots of the trees and flood the MSFS forums with his agenda. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chock said:

That's debatable given the fact that he managed to plant himself. And this whilst flying a plane he didn't pre-flight correctly, nor refuel adequately, and took off in whilst he was not actually permitted to fly owing to numerous drunk driving convictions and a propensity for indulging the 'Jamaican Woodbines', which, great as it is, is really what the song Rocky Mountain High is actually about incidentally, forcing the FAA to revoke his status on medical grounds...

Don't you like my singing?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I would think that what we currently see is what we get at release date, because of the DVD-version. Normaly these need a couple of weeks to prepare during which no change can be made to the content.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, dilore said:

I would think that what we currently see is what we get at release date, because of the DVD-version. Normaly these need a couple of weeks to prepare during which no change can be made to the content.

Ofcourse they can and will have changed the content, first thing the dvd version does is getting the needed updates.

12 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Why not give this list a chance to grow?

• At Madeira Airport cars are driving into water
  • No flight envelope protection with the Airbus (please fix!)
  • Airport ground textures look too clean - like it's coming straight from the airport factory 😄

1 hour ago, espent said:

I think you missed the memo about Azure. It’s not only a direct usage of the map service. 

So many people compare MSFS scenery with ortho scenery, but it's just so much more. I think we will notice when we are able to fly ourselves.

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, Chock said:

TW9vI2o.jpg

Clearly your oxygen mix is too rich 🙄... Scale looks plausible to me (if they were trees on Earth)  unlike conifers and "rainforest/tropical" trees in FS2020

4 hours ago, ShawnG said:

This comment is just bizarre.  Every sim available as of yet requires its users to deal with outrageous levels of mediocrity.  Lockheed and Laminar certainly have counted many of those blessings.

Sure, so instead of raising the bar we'll just wallow in the mediocrity of past efforts, because it was good enough for P3D right? 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Shug said:

Don't buy it then and you'll save yourself a lot of angst

How about Asobo fix it, instead of letting mediocrity rule the day? 🤔

Matthew S

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

I’m pretty sure he already pre-ordered it just so he can take screenshots of the trees and flood the MSFS forums with his agenda. 

Brilliant, you've cracked the case Mr Holmes.  And what was my agenda? Do tell. 🙄

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

1 hour ago, dilore said:

I think that you have missed the statements that, once you have downloaded the 90GB, or done the 10 DVD install, MSFS goes online & updates are downloaded. So, like Windows 10, regular updates. The DVD install will always need to be updated. 

As it has been said!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

16 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, those of us who were around for FS2000 onwards will recall MS even patched FS to remove the WTC towers because people were replicating the 9/11 attacks in the sim and sticking videos up on facetube.

Like sicko ghouls on motorway accidents rubber-necking to watch a bad crash😡

15 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

, Ahem.......

Thanks, I didn’t know that @Lorby_SI had done a FSX addon. Too late to try it but it was a great idea. 

I went to the home page and I see it includes MP. I am not fond of MP but a good DLC should have it indeed. Referring to @Chock’s  earlier post about tanker collision,  managing the firefighting aircraft traffic, heavies, 415, turboprops and helis from the reservoirs and dedicated airfields would be a plus for a realistic DLC.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Like sicko ghouls on motorway accidents rubber-necking to watch a bad crash😡

Weird comment, so, by association, 1st person shooting & combat games are ghoulish as well? As for racing games.. maybe there will be crashes and accidents.. rubber-necking there as well?

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Weird comment, so, by association, 1st person shooting & combat games are ghoulish as well? As for racing games.. maybe there will be crashes and accidents.. rubber-necking there as well?

Heck, in racing games people even replay accidents.

Those monsters!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5