Sign in to follow this  
Alex Miles

Poor QualityWings 787 Frames

Hi all, bought the QW 787 recently with the most recent update but found the frames for me are absolutely awful, struggling to get above 10 FPS at UK2000 Birmingham where usually I get over 20 FPS in the PMDG 737 and 777. I am using P3D V4 with pretty low settings but I don't mind that, I only care about my stupidly low frames in the 787 as it's a fantastic aircraft which I am unable to enjoy. I easily make the QW 787 recommended specs, I know my specs aren't brilliant but I don't really want to be spending hundreds on upgrades at the moment. My specs are: AMD A8-9600 3.4 GHZ quad core, Nvidia GT1030, 16GB 2400MHZ RAM, 1TB hard drive. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or if the aircraft is just generally awful on frames for everyone? Thanks.

I would try reinstalling.  When I used to use V4 I found the 787 was pretty good in terms of performance.  I don't use the airplane that often because the speed altitude/scoll speed drives me nuts.  It must be an OCD thing for me.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I would clear the shaders folder in your c:\users\appdata. I was having the same issue, it worked for me  

Ok thanks, I regenerated the shaders folder which did help a bit but I also use the aerosoft professional stuff which the FPS is at about 12 FPS but this is due to my specs, I was thinking of making some modest upgrades, just one at a time to get a little bit better performance. I was thinking maybe an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, some ryzen CPU and maybe like an SSD, but just wondering what order you think would be best as I am supposed to be saving money at the moment and can only really afford one upgrade every few months. I have no intention of going to MFS2020 in the future so small upgrades are fine as I have no intention of upgrading any higher in the next few years really either. Thanks again.

try disabling the hi-res display in the QW configurator tool.. it helped gain a lot of fps back for the 787.. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

QW have just released an update for the 787 today  so try that first before you spend on hardware  🙂

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Ah wow, just installed, getting much higher frames, almost as good as the PMDG 777, still getting poor frames in the aerosoft professional stuff tho, currently on version 1.3.1.1 which is ok, hopefully the next update for that improves frames as I used to do pretty well with it on version 1.2.

I’m also seeing  great performance 

very smooth with latest update

thou is anyone else having issues logo lights not illuminating sometimes?

and then it works again after restarting sim?

cheers

mike

On 8/2/2020 at 5:18 PM, vin747 said:

try disabling the hi-res display in the QW configurator tool.. it helped gain a lot of fps back for the 787.. 

hey hi how do you open that 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:59 PM, GeoffVinod said:

hey hi how do you open that 

It may have been during install options I can't remember for sure.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

In the qw787 dispatch tool where you install liveries etc. there’s an option to switch to low res displays for better FPS. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.