Sign in to follow this  
jimcarrel

KA350i updated

KA350i Version 1.1.34 Beta (V4 + V5) [UPDATED 7-31-2020]

"This update seeks to address a few snags we've seen recently. As was the case before, the high resolution and low resolution options are now included in the installer. You can select "Custom Install" and unselect the "High Resolution" features to install only the low resolution options."

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

22 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

KA350i Version 1.1.34 Beta (V4 + V5) [UPDATED 7-31-2020]

"This update seeks to address a few snags we've seen recently. As was the case before, the high resolution and low resolution options are now included in the installer. You can select "Custom Install" and unselect the "High Resolution" features to install only the low resolution options."

Thank you Jim for the heads up.

I think I heard it was a huge VRAM eater in v5 so i have not looked into installing it within v5, has this issue been resolved/worked on. what is its current state in v5 please.

Thanks again.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I haven't run this version yet. The last one I did run in v5 and the only install then was "high resolution". With my 6 gig card Vram was running high 4's. I was waiting for the low resolution install and it is now here. Just installed and no time to try out right now.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

front panel lighting fixed

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1.1.34 beta comes with the option of 1024x2014 outside textures instead of standard hires 2048x2048. Having installed those, I recommend to go to the Panel folder and copy the "Panel.NoTransparent.cfg" to "Panel.cfg". This reduces VRAM footprint significantly by blocking TrueGlass. The price tag is that there cannot be raindrops on the windows. Milviz also offers a hotfix with two files, (shader hsl and panel light texture). Go and overwrite the existing files with these.

VRAM usage is still high. I saw up to 5.2 out of 7.1, but I could fly it in Oculus VR with enhanced atmospherics out of Orbx EGHI. It has a wonderful cockpit in VR!

Have fun,

Michael

Edited by michaelth
  • Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I’d really love to get this for P3Dv5, but the heavy vram footprint worries me. I have no problems with PMDG and fslabs, but they have been beautifully optimized. 

My PC handles P3Dv5 super smooth and solid at 30 fps on 4K (no fps limiter, but RTSS) and I usually start out with 3.9 - 4.1 of 7.1 vram at add-on airports with the above mentioned commercial airliners. What could I expect with this beauty?

Cheers, and thanks in advance,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Unfortunately the Vram problem will remain an issue until Truelight and/or Trueglass is updated to resolve this issue. Last I saw on the TFDI forum was they were aware of the problem and are working with LM to resolve it. That was about a month ago now. As for usage, I am at 5.1GB minimum most of the time. If you fly into dense areas you could get close to 7GB. 7.1 is the limit on my card and I usually have to scale things back drastically if I fly in an urban area. Performance remains good, but VRAM is a separate matter.

Edited by sho69607
  • Like 1

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

This Vram issue is all on LM...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Dear Milviz,

as much as I love your airplanes, especially your King Air: This sounds too simplistic. I have the PMDG 747-400 and 737NGXU, FSL A320, Majestic Dash-8 and Aerosoft CRJ Pro. Only the TFDi 717 allocates as much VRAM as the King Air does. There must be something specific on your side

Michael

• Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Seems it’s going to stay in the hanger then, when the FSL and PMDG run so well to blame LM for the terrible VRAM footprint is.....well disappointing to say the least.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you disable Trueglass and RealLight, the VRAM usage becomes manageable.  This is possible to do but, you'd lose the rain among other things.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

FYI: LM made some big changes to the way VRAM is allocated.  This brought the usage perilously close to OOM realm for products that have multiple lighting systems internal to the aircraft as well as icing systems.  We can, and likely will, disable some of these in order to keep out of OOM's... but, the real issue is on LM... they are aware of this and we are hoping for a fix.  Soon.

I installed the new version in P3D V5 and although the VRAM usage was high (around 6.1) the performance was very good and very smooth. When I removed the FPS limit I was getting around 80 FPS. Will try some more demanding areas today. Thanks Milviz, this looks good.

PS system spec I7-9700K@4.9, 32 MB RAM GTX1080

Johan Pienaar

Hi guys, if you are interested there are some update files for RealLight and TrueGlass in the beta 1.1.34 version thread on our support forum. Initial testing shows a drop of nearly 1GB of VRAM usage for most people. Again it is still a Beta but we welcome any feedback.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png