After reading all the plus & minus of all the hardware I decided on the following.

Fulcrum yoke

Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant

MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedals

The total will be about $1240 US including shipping and taxes. This still is a lot of money for just the hardware for my sim build but should last me for the next few years. I feel the next step up would be over $2000 US so I feel pretty good where I am now. The shipping to the US is pretty costly but then we do not pay the VAT so probably a wash when all done.

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

3 hours ago, edvb said:

After reading all the plus & minus of all the hardware I decided on the following.

Fulcrum yoke

Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant

MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedals

The total will be about $1240 US including shipping and taxes. This still is a lot of money for just the hardware for my sim build but should last me for the next few years. I feel the next step up would be over $2000 US so I feel pretty good where I am now. The shipping to the US is pretty costly but then we do not pay the VAT so probably a wash when all done.

Good choice I think, I have a similar shopping list. I've already purchased the MFG Crosswind Pedals and they are great, but you must mount them on something (I used a piece of 40x50 cm MDF). I am still waiting for the Fulcrum (have pre-ordered) to replace my CH Yoke, of which the shaft seems to be sticking more and more).
I am still unclear about the quadrant. My current CH quadrant also needs replacing and I was thinking about the VirtualFly TQ6+, but since I fly both props and jets I'd prefer something versatile. The Honeycomb quadrant isn't perfect but for the price it is not bad I think. Now if there was a metal, hall sensor version of the Logitech quadrant, or am more versatile version of the TQ6+ I might reconsider.
On the other hand, while the Honeycomb is mostly plastic, it's versatile, has a trim axis and is not too expensive. It's also unavailable at the moment, availability is expected to be around late november.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I also have the Fulcrum  yoke pre-ordered. My Crosswind pedals should arrive Monday. I also have the Bravo throttle ordered and I am placed at week 4 at this time. I will know more next week. 

I will use this quite a bit for MSFS so really tried to blend the best pieces for what I wanted to do.

I plan for a 49"-55" 4K QLED TV as my monitor. Just waiting for a 2021 2.1 hdmi model  that will have everything I need. 

I also will probably need to upgrade to a Rysen 4000 CPU and new motherboard if needed.

I will also get a RTX 3080 as soon as I see one with 20 Gb of Vram.

This might take up to 6-8 months before I get everything in place but should work well for what I am trying to do.

Cheers back🍻,

Edward

Edited by edvb

Asus ROG  Strix x 470-f, Ryzen 2700X,Flare X (4x8)3200 CL14 ,EVGA  GTX 1070 Ti, 970 EVO 500GB  NVMe, 860 EVO 1TB, 860 EVO 2TB,Seasonic TX-850, Hauppauge 1 HVR-1265, LG  27UK650-W 4K Monitor

6 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

My current CH quadrant also needs replacing and I was thinking about the VirtualFly TQ6+, but since I fly both props and jets I'd prefer something versatile. 

I have the VF TQ6+ and its only drawback with regards to jets, is its not adaptable for flying 4 engines models. It doesn't bother me personally, as I only fly twins, be they prop or jet.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

3 hours ago, Freo said:

I have the VF TQ6+ and its only drawback with regards to jets, is its not adaptable for flying 4 engines models. It doesn't bother me personally, as I only fly twins, be they prop or jet.

I would have thought you could fly a four-engine jet with the TQ6 by mapping the prop and mixture levers as throttles.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks for all the pre-orders guys! The support is appreciated!

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

I would have thought you could fly a four-engine jet with the TQ6 by mapping the prop and mixture levers as throttles.

The problem with this is the shape of the levers. They are too different from each other to feel ok when using the middle 4 together for jet engines. If only someone had a product for that.......

Chris

11 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I've already purchased the MFG Crosswind Pedals and they are great, but you must mount them on something

Agreed with mounting but if your setup doesn't allow for full mounting you can get velcro straps on the floor which will hold the pedals in place just fine when in use. Easy then to just lift them off if you need to move them out of the way temporarily. 

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

The problem with this is the shape of the levers. They are too different from each other to feel ok when using the middle 4 together for jet engines. If only someone had a product for that.......

Well no, but you don't have to use the middle four! I'd use the prop and mixture levers, which are all the same length.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

Well no, but you don't have to use the middle four! I'd use the prop and mixture levers, which are all the same length.

Yeah I guess you are right with that regarding the length of them, although they are unevenly spaced and bent. I always liked having one at each end for flaps and spoilers though.

• Like 1

I spoke to the VR guys at Lelystad back in 2018 about a six lever quadrant suitable for four engine aircraft and they said they wouldn’t be doing one as there was no demand. ☹️

So I suppose that leaves the market open for someone to exploit as the Honeycomb looks huge and unwieldy. We’re missing a quality throttle quadrant.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That is why I got the Honeycomb  Bravo for now. It might take quite a while before anything better shows up so I will go with this for now.

Now that the hardware is ordered, rebuilding my PC is next on the list:-)

I just received my MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedals today.

I ordered them on September 4th and received them on the14th.

Ten days to the states is a pretty good turnaround I think.

Package in perfect condition.

13 hours ago, edvb said:

I just received my MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedals today.

I ordered them on September 4th and received them on the14th.

Ten days to the states is a pretty good turnaround I think.

Package in perfect condition.

These pedals are certainly well packaged. Unpacking and assembling them not difficult.
Setting them up in MSFS was simple, but if using an USB hub, make sure you have sufficient power, these rudders seem to require more than my previous ones.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5