Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Has the TAWS default changed?

Before I had TAWS-B running, but my GTN changed to Terrain Proximity...

Is this an update feature.. or something I did?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Maybe when the trainer updated it resets this?

Could be... I was surprised, but have now reset it.. should be OK again.

Although it is annoying that I have to set it for each aircraft individually.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi,

This must have been a glitch somewhere. Default settings is TERR PROX.

TAWS is highly aircraft dependent usually because the aircraft could have a TAWS already or because it wouldn't make sense (C152 + TAWS A?)

As for the per-aircraft settings it is a topic where there is no clear answer and I agree, there are some settings there which could be better factored out and set globally, but we're yet to settle on what is the appropriate GUI experience for our customers.
The legacy GNS introduced a way to manage a hierarchical settings approach, where you could put .ini files in the parent folders up to the root, and have settings prioritized the deeps in the path (i.e. root ini file is a 'global' and you override it with other .ini files further down the path down to the aircraft folder).

This was however causing confusion sometimes because some most people didn't understand (and we probably didn't explain well enough either) why a settings which was not set in the aircraft folder was still applied. There was no GUI Settings Panel at the time.

The GNS V2 settings are more robust now but we've had a few hiccups along the way. Introducing another layer of 'global' settings is not the easiest for now but I keep this in mind because it makes sense for a certain number of the settings which are not per-aircraft (DB settings for example)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)