Sign in to follow this  
hazbenz

MSFS 2020?

Not sure if you have made any decisions/announcements on this topic so please excuse me if there is already something out there that I have not seen. Are you contemplating supporting this sim? The reason I ask is that a number of the aircraft in the sim have the G1000 avionics suite and I would be VERY interested in getting a high fidelity G1000 in these aircraft.

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

If it is at all possible, we will definitely provide our avionics to customers with MSFS2020.  As there is no official, public SDK at this time... we honestly don't know what will be possible and what will not be possible and what will require a rewrite from the ground up.

We don't even know if it's possible to retrofit the default aircraft with other avionics.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It would be great to have MindStar G1000 in MSFS2020. 

I have purchased and installed MSFS2020. Initially I thought that with so many G1000/G3000 airplanes in it, and many people praising it online, they must have created a good G1000 simulation as it is the soul of these glass cockpit airplanes. But the reality is shockingly disappointing, it lacks so many features, eg: waypoint names in procedures not correct, logic errors in GFC700, MFD not showing track vector, or basically showing nothing, cannot even change QNH to hPa!

As an instrument-rated pilot, simulation is a way to keep good instrument proficiency and prepare for real flights by getting familiar with certain procedures. MindStar is really good at knowing what features are really needed, for example: SVS is nice but not many real G1000 had that 20K+$ update due to costs, so it's not that important; checking GPS status and computing RAIM availability is trivial but so important because if I don't check that prior to a GNSS/RNAV approach, the instructor would fail my check ride.

For this reason, MSFS2020 is basically useless for me now... Avionics and aerodynamics are far more important than scenery.

Really looking forward to MindStar G1000 in P3D v4/5 (early 2020 has passed unfortunately), and even better in MSFS2020 :)

Based on all we're seeing regarding MSFS 2020... it's not capable of supporting anything complex at all.  As example, we use threading to offload CPU impact... it won't allow us to do that.  We use GDI+... they're trying to support it, but it's woefully incomplete.

Not certain when we'll be able to port as it's not something that's actually in our control.  We'll keep an eye on it.

As for 64-bit.  We are hot on that... but it's not an easy conversion with our products.  We apologize for the delay... but we'd rather try to do it right the first time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

How are things progressing.  Do you think this next update of MSFS 2020 might just give Mindstar Aviation the SDK that they need?

aeroedge

Edited by aeroedge
mispelling

I have seen nothing that makes what we do possible in MSFS 2020.  Microsoft has intentionally broken and/or removed a great deal of coding capability in MSFS 2020.  At this time it is not a platform we can support.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69