Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

I plan to add support and will get MSFS2020 for sure but I have no access to the SDK yet.
Apparently SimConnect has not changed and one can connect to MSFS with LNM. So far so good.

Whether I can read the scenery library depends on the file format:
- No problem if they use the same BGL file format as FSX/P3D. Not much effort.🙂
- No problem if it is openly documented like the X-Plane format. Probably a lot of work depending on format it but doable.
- But close to impossible if they use a new file format and this is not documented. 😞

Have to see. Currently I'm about to prepare a new beta release with a lot of new stuff which will show up in the next weeks.

Alex

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

That's great Alex, I look forward to being able to use LNM with it!

MFS2020 got "disconnected" again from Internet (again- a pain in the tail section), so when I calm down and sign back in tomorrow, I will try if LNM will connect with it.

There's a few pics showing a user flying with easyVfr which was basically plug and go, so I don't think it will be that complicated.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

In 2 weeks you can see MSFS works fine with LNM, using datafiles from P3D or xplane, later I am sure Alex will make it possible to install the MSFS datafiles.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

On 8/2/2020 at 9:03 PM, albar965 said:

Apparently SimConnect has not changed and one can connect to MSFS with LNM. So far so good.

Is it possible to connect LNM to the beta now? I would love to just use the features of the moving map.

Johnbla - I did exactly that, and it works great! Also includes all AI airport traffic!

• Upvote 2

iamgbs, how did you manage that? I just tried and I don't get the aircraft symbol, seems like I am not connecting. Many thanks in advance.

search the alpha forum for fseconomy, there is a thread with all you need

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

johnbla: I didn't do anything different! I activated LNM, then MSFS, then once the aircraft was at an airport it showed up on LNM. I also used it for the training sessions from Sedona, and the plane showed up there as well. Together with alt, spd, hdg etc as I had it set for P3D.

Good luck, may the sim gods be with you.

Vindeballe: Thanks for that info. I will check it out.

I hope it is really that easy to adapt LNM. 🙃

Worst thing that can happen is that I cannot read the scenery library and that there will be no airport diagrams.

Install the FSX SP2 SimConnect as you have to do for P3D to get a moving map. LNM will use this to connect to whaterver simulator is running there.

Alex

I'm sure you can handle it Alex!

The airport diagrams look fine on the ones I have used and aircraft is located where one would expect it to be!

For info: MSFS 2020 reads plan files (PLN) created with LNM with no issues.

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

On 8/5/2020 at 4:43 AM, albar965 said:

I hope it is really that easy to adapt LNM. 🙃

LMN works out of the box literally, didn't even touch it, loaded it up and it was tracking my flight, I did nothing.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD