Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

Hi @albar965,

you probably already know more but I still wanted to experiment with loading the MSFS BGLs into the app.

I created an example scenery.cfg that points to the MSFS bgls. But on trying to load scenery in the app I only get the X-Plane option in the combobox of the dialog. If I could select FSX, I think it could load stuff. At least until it hits something new.

VtXVbx1.png

Does it only show FSX when it detects it as installed?

Many Thanks

Ignore my previous Post.

I am using navdatareader now. Seems like its not that easy. Doesn't really find anything useful in the BGLs 😉

I'm using now the navigraph only solution for testing and just did the vfr flight from the tutorial in the manual.

Saving the flightplan and loading it in fs2020 worked great... all waypoints were enabled and shown in the simulator with the names I gave them 🙂

this tool really doubles the fun in the simulator .)

9 hours ago, Bill721 said:

Will running this fix allow me to run LNM on P3D and (fs2000 without stutters)?

Yes. It is actually a requirement to run LNM with P3D and MSFS2020. As said above: Disable AI in the LNM connection dialog if using MSFS2020 to avoid stutters.

Alex

For information, I read this in another forum of why we get stutters when using SimConnect "The issue is caused by “looping” SimConnect data requests that query information from the simulator. If you do this too often with the release version of MSFS (=every visual frame or faster), then the sim is unable to process the requests in time and it gets stuck. That used to work in the Alpha/Beta."

1 hour ago, johnbla said:

For information, I read this in another forum of why we get stutters when using SimConnect "The issue is caused by “looping” SimConnect data requests that query information from the simulator. If you do this too often with the release version of MSFS (=every visual frame or faster), then the sim is unable to process the requests in time and it gets stuck. That used to work in the Alpha/Beta."

Not looping every frame in LNM but only by the given time. So, like 100 to 500 milliseconds. Whatever the user set. There is no need for LNM to fetch the data every frame.

I guess that too much AI is overloading the interface. Have to see what can be done.

Alex

36 minutes ago, albar965 said:

I guess that too much AI is overloading the interface. Have to see what can be done.

Its usable on 1000ms. But maybe you could let us increase the refresh rate even more? 1000 seems to be max

Don't know if it consists of multiple queries, but if so, you could maybe scatter them a bit?

1 sec is plenty . It only gives you an image of where your plane is .

How is the flight plan exporting working from a networked PC ?

Thnx...😀👍

12 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

1 sec is plenty . It only gives you an image of where your plane is

I said "increase. To ease the load even more.

keep in mind that Asobo acknowledged this as a bug as far as I know. It did no occur in the Beta (or Alpha) according several forum posts. Other SimConnect clients suffer similar problems.

No need for slow update rates.🙂

Alex

2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

How is the flight plan exporting working from a networked PC ?

Shared folders, batch files, ownCloud, NextCloud. Whatever you like. 🙃

I have plans to integrate plan and database transfer into LNM but this will be far, far future.

I have a small home server here which runs NextCloud and synchronizes flight plans and more between all the computers and virtual machines I need for testing and flying.

Alex

2 hours ago, dga711 said:

I said "increase. To ease the load even more.

Yes. Sorry. I was agreeing with you. Increasing to a full second would still be good enough and reduce stuttering.