Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

1 hour ago, neilydone said:

should i be using the Xplane connection mode?

No. Not if you run it on the flying machine with the simulator.

also whether I still need to d/l the FSX SP2 version of SimConnnect

Yes. Download and install this on the flying computer. Then LNM will offer the FSX/P3D connection option. Simply use this to connect to MSFS.
Not sure if you want to use a remote computer to run LNM. First get it working on the flying computer. Then see pinned thread in this forum about networking.

I'm really keen to get this working as it looks great with a lot of features.

There will be a new beta release soonish with full MSFS support and a ton more features.😉

Alex

• Like 2

Hi

I've just started using LNM - looks great so far, and I'm able to connect and track progress on the map etc when flying in MSFS 2020.

I'm hoping you can help with an issue I'm getting when trying to load a LNM flight plan into MSFS 2020. I did a simple VFR route, save as PLN file from LNM, and this loaded fine into MSFS. No problem, all the waypoints etc were there. LNM is also able to load a PLN created in MSFS (you can save these when on the world map, but not inflight).

The problem I have is that an IFR flight plan saved as a PLN file from LNM doesn't load into MSFS. Nothing appear to happen when I use the Load option and select the file. No plan appears on the world map. In searching these forums, there was reference to "removing airways" from the flightplan file to make this work, but I'm not really sure what this means or how to do it.

As an example, I created the flight plan from the more complex IFR flight plan tutorial in the LNM manual. All of the waypoints are in the MSFS database as I can manually add them to create a flight plan in the world map, but savings that flightplan in LNM and loading into MSFS doesn't work.

Any light you can shed would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Just a little question. Asobo/Microsoft wants to update every 28 days to the last Airac. So, if Little Navmap import the navdata from the game...we should have the last Airac too? :o

Edited by Rackham

Seems OK this morning, a couple of disconnections!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

No. Not if you run it on the flying machine with the simulator.

Yes. Download and install this on the flying computer. Then LNM will offer the FSX/P3D connection option. Simply use this to connect to MSFS.
Not sure if you want to use a remote computer to run LNM. First get it working on the flying computer. Then see pinned thread in this forum about networking.

There will be a new beta release soonish with full MSFS support and a ton more features.😉

Alex

thanks got it up and running now. is it possible to have LNM map window undocked over MSFS in full screen? other than that its a great app!

57 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Just a little question. Asobo/Microsoft wants to update every 28 days to the last Airac. So, if Little Navmap import the navdata from the game...we should have the last Airac too?

Absolutely. But without taking the detour via MSFS. Lemme xplain:

The navdata format in MSFS (BGL files) is limited (speaking friendly, cough). No upper altitude limit for airways and no one-way airways. No VORTAC (all VORDME) and no TACAN (all are DME). Several issues with approaches and probably more which I forgot.

I'll not spend any time to fix or workaround these issues when reading the MSFS navdata. You can already get the latest navdata for LNM from Navigraph. If you also sync the navdata in MSFS with Navigraph data in the future you'll be able to create plans in LNM which perfectly match in MSFS, i.e. no missing waypoints.

So future is: Sync both LNM and MSFS to the latest navdata and use only the airports from the MSFS scenery library. Just as done with FSX/P3D and fsAerodata or with X-Plane.

@gordongreig Can you attach or send me the flight plan? I'm working on this right now. MSFS seems to have issues when loading plans. I have a plan created in MSFS with procedures and all which are also stored in the PLN file. Procedures do not show up when loading again in MSFS. So, it can't digest its own plans. If possible send a bug report to Asobo if you run into issues like this.

@sauviat Did you lower the number of updates per second in Navconnect (i.e. higher number ms)? This might help. Sorry, if I make recommendations twice. Too much going on now.🤯

Alex

2 minutes ago, neilydone said:

is it possible to have LNM map window undocked over MSFS in full screen? other than that its a great app!

I already added the always on top mode but I did not try this with MSFS in fullscreen yet.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've emailed both flight plans to you (can't see how to attach here) - VFR one loads, IFR one does nothing

I've been experimenting and after restarting the sim am now starting to see other plans I've tried loading OK, which is better. The procedure does not come through as you say. When I try to add the procedure via the MSFS world map, it doesn't give transition options, and this leads to different results - which is annoying but not major

I still can't get the plan loaded that I created following your tutorial though. I'm not sure if it's because it mixes high and low airways maybe or I messed something up in creating it, so could be a one off

Edited by gordongreig

Now taken it from your 1000ms of yesterday to 1200ms. let's see what happens.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I have been using LNM for some time with X-Plane with great success. I bought FS 202 and then tried to use it with LNM but FS 2020 would not work, major freeze. The new patch came out and there was definite improvement but LNM and FS 2020 but still they do not work well together on my computer (i5-6400 and GTX 1070 with 16GB) I get FR 10-15 with both running and when LNM is off the FR rise to 35-35. Better with the smaller VFR aircraft. Any suggestions so solve the the problem because FS 2020 needs LNM. I intend to improve my CPU but I do think LNM and FS2020 should work better together. 

7 hours ago, gordongreig said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I've emailed both flight plans to you (can't see how to attach here) - VFR one loads, IFR one does nothing

Thanks. Got them. Give me some time to look at them.

I've been experimenting and after restarting the sim am now starting to see other plans I've tried loading OK, which is better. The procedure does not come through as you say. When I try to add the procedure via the MSFS world map, it doesn't give transition options, and this leads to different results - which is annoying but not major

Even worse if it loads the plans after a restart. This thing seems to be quite buggy.
And I have no idea why they left out the transitions. Ridiculous. I don't know any tool, GPS, stock or add-on aircraft which does this.

I still can't get the plan loaded that I created following your tutorial though. I'm not sure if it's because it mixes high and low airways maybe or I messed something up in creating it, so could be a one off

Do the departure and destination airports exist in MSFS? This might be a reason. Airways and waypoints should not matter.

@sobor Disable AI in the LNM connection dialog. This should help.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Thanks. Got them. Give me some time to look at them.

Even worse if it loads the plans after a restart. This thing seems to be quite buggy.
And I have no idea why they left out the transitions. Ridiculous. I don't know any tool, GPS, stock or add-on aircraft which does this.

Do the departure and destination airports exist in MSFS? This might be a reason. Airways and waypoints should not matter.

@sobor Disable AI in the LNM connection dialog. This should help.

Alex

Yes, both definitely exist - it is the Bembridge to Wick tutorial

Othe relevant behaviour I've noticed.

I can load up a flight plan created in LNM (created without a procedure). When I load that into MSFS, that works fine - If I then try to add the procedure in MSFS it will sometimes rewrite the whole route. I think this is if the transition is is expecting doesn't exist in the flight plan.

I've also noticed that, certainly for arrival procedures, MSFS does save and reload those from itself - so I do see it consuming its own save files accurately

I will do some more structured testing and report back for you

Edited by gordongreig
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

Guess this thread is as good as starting a new one for my issue. I am getting an "offset" in the location of some airports. Using MSFS the airport as "drawn" by LNM (with clickable information etc.) is located near but not exactly on top of the image of the airport being generated by the underlying scenery. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Cheers,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

8 hours ago, dihedral said:

Guess this thread is as good as starting a new one for my issue. I am getting an "offset" in the location of some airports. Using MSFS the airport as "drawn" by LNM (with clickable information etc.) is located near but not exactly on top of the image of the airport being generated by the underlying scenery. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Airport? Sceenshot?
Be aware that you are not looking at MSFS scenery data since LNM 2.4.5 cannot read this yet. You are either using another scenery library database (X-Plane? P3D) or Navigraph.
FSX had a lot of misplaced airports. Navigraph data or the OpenStreetMap backgrounds are reliable.

Alex