Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

I recently discovered that, if you create a flight plan in littlenavmap and import it in MSFS there is a problem if you change location on the airport. If you change from runway to gate, the complete route is lost. Only way to do this, for example to start could and dark, is to change the starting point via the drop down in the world map. By doing so, the route does not get deleted.

isn‘t the pln format supposed to support the starting location? Even when I choose a gate as location, in msfs every flight starts on the active runway. 

but I guess that is an MSFS bug.

30 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

isn‘t the pln format supposed to support the starting location?

Yes it is. But MSFS completely ignores the field when loading. It even does not save the starting position if you create a plan in the sim and save it.
MSFS does not destroy the plan if you change the start position in the planning map. Changing procedures does, though.

Let's see what the next patch of MSFS brings. The next LNM beta should be more MSFS friendly regarding flight plans.

Alex

Alex,

LNM connecting with MSFS but not with X-Plane 1105r3. Everything on same computer. Fresh SimConnect installed. Suggestions . . . or wait for your new release? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jack Long said:

LNM connecting with MSFS but not with X-Plane 1105r3. Everything on same computer. Fresh SimConnect installed. Suggestions . . . or wait for your new release?

LNM fully supports X-Plane. You have to install the Xpconnect plugin (part of the LNM download) in X-Plane. See also pinned topic for latest release with fixes for 11.50.

Alex

7 hours ago, flieger28 said:

I recently discovered that, if you create a flight plan in littlenavmap and import it in MSFS there is a problem if you change location on the airport. If you change from runway to gate, the complete route is lost. Only way to do this, for example to start could and dark, is to change the starting point via the drop down in the world map. By doing so, the route does not get deleted.

isn‘t the pln format supposed to support the starting location? Even when I choose a gate as location, in msfs every flight starts on the active runway. 

but I guess that is an MSFS bug.

I don't have this problem at all. It always puts me starting on a runway and I change it to parking, can't remember ever losing the route. 

Edited by bahnzo

@albar965 is there any way to add in a custom airport in MSFS 2020 yet? I created a small field for use in FSE and would like to be able to use it in LNM for depart/arrival airport.

@bahnzo I think you have to wait until LNM can read the Airport Database / bgl files from MSFS 2020.Albar mentioned that a beta is on its way, so maybe we can test it soon. I am also looking forward to it. It will make flight planning much easier. Currently when I pick a Flight in FSEconomy I check if the Airports are available in LNM, plan my flight and then I have to check fi they are available in MSFS 2020. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not 🙂

Just now, buedi said:

@bahnzo I think you have to wait until LNM can read the Airport Database / bgl files from MSFS 2020.Albar mentioned that a beta is on its way, so maybe we can test it soon. I am also looking forward to it. It will make flight planning much easier. Currently when I pick a Flight in FSEconomy I check if the Airports are available in LNM, plan my flight and then I have to check fi they are available in MSFS 2020. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not 🙂

I was wondering, because I of course made my own BGL file, so I was hoping there was a way to read a custom one. It's fine, I'm in no hurry as I know it's coming along eventually. 

3 hours ago, bahnzo said:

I was wondering, because I of course made my own BGL file, so I was hoping there was a way to read a custom one. It's fine, I'm in no hurry as I know it's coming along eventually. 

If nothing goes terribly wrong (like yesterday where I ran into a pile of bugs and a crash with the Oceanic tracks) it should be out this week.

Your own BGL should be no problem. The beta can already read add-on airports here and if not it will get fixed.

Alex

• Like 4

Alex, are you saying that you will now be able to connect to MSFS, eg scenery?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 minute ago, sauviat said:

Alex, are you saying that you will now be able to connect to MSFS, eg scenery?

Hi Martin,

yes. Reading scenery is no problem. Except a few quirks with airways and that I can read approaches but not SID and STAR yet. But these are better used from the Navigraph database anyway.

Alex

Looking forward to it. My FSX is full of WW11 RAF/USAF bases and that's what I am picking up at present!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Regarding database creation, its detecting correctly my MSFS2020 Base Path, but then expects the files to be in "/Official/OneStore/", so it returns that it can't read base path.

In Steam installations the path is "/Official/Steam/". I have checked and the required files are there.

• Like 1