Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

13 hours ago, PAlves said:

Regarding database creation, its detecting correctly my MSFS2020 Base Path, but then expects the files to be in "/Official/OneStore/", so it returns that it can't read base path.

In Steam installations the path is "/Official/Steam/". I have checked and the required files are there.

Yet another path variation. 😞 But thank you a lot! This is very important information. I only have the MS online installation.

A few questions:

1. You have the default steam installation path or modified?
  2. There is a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt"? If not: Where is it?
  3. What is "InstalledPackagesPath" (last line) in above file?
  4. Full path to base files (containing folders "fs-base" and "fs-base-nav") is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam"?
  5. Full path to community is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community"?

I suppose you already compiled LNM yourself. I'll let you know once i added the changes.

It seems that even the boxed version has different installation paths. Anybody: Please let me know by answering above questions.

Alex

Alex, I have the boxed version and the paths are completely different. Only this morning in communications on the Aerosoft forums I brought up again about moving files. As I write, I have completely uninstalled MSFS, saved my Community folder to another computer temporarily.

C:/Users/user/AppData/MSFSPackages/Community and also Official is where I worked from. I had placed the on-line items from MSFS on my D drive.

I am now reinstalling MSFS and can see that I can place it on my D Drive, not the default on C. 

I am now restoring my system as I could not install MSFS on my D.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 minute ago, sauviat said:

C:/Users/user/AppData/MSFSPackages/Community and also Official is where I worked from

Thank you, Martin. I assume the "OneStore" folder was also in "Official", right?

Alex

Yes.

The re-installation failed on Disc 2, and CTD! A brief message stated a system fault. I thing the MSFS uninstallation process had left fragmentation on the system!!!

Have now restored the PC to a previous restore point:(

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

4 hours ago, albar965 said:

Yet another path variation. 😞 But thank you a lot! This is very important information. I only have the MS online installation.

A few questions:

2. There is a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt"? If not: Where is it?
  4. Full path to base files (containing folders "fs-base" and "fs-base-nav") is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam"?
  5. Full path to community is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community"?

I suppose you already compiled LNM yourself. I'll let you know once i added the changes.

It seems that even the boxed version has different installation paths. Anybody: Please let me know by answering above questions.

Alex

I have the MS install. For 5 I have;

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Good luck with this, it looks really great!

Cheers

• Like 1

Config path for Steam Edition: “%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator”

Config path for MS Edition: C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

The file is called userCfg.opt and the last line shows where you put the content folder and the community folder is inside that. InstalledPackagesPath

The SDK installation creates an environment variable MSFS_SDK which contains its install path.

• Like 2

Here are the paths of my Steam-MSFS2020:

1. You have the default steam installation path or modified? -> modified: "D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator"
  2. There is a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt"? If not: Where is it? -> It´s there
  3. What is "InstalledPackagesPath" (last line) in above file? -> "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator"
  4. Full path to base files (containing folders "fs-base" and "fs-base-nav") is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam"? -> "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Official\Steam"
  5. Full path to community is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community"? -> "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Community"
  • Like 1

I know I posted this earlier, but just to reiterate, the Community folder can literally be anywhere since the install gives us the choice of where to install it. Those who chose to do this certainly know it as we have to install all the scenery and other addon stuff being released in there. 

So I wouldn't let it trouble you too much if it's being a pain to add to the heap of different locations MSFS might reside. Just let us know what we need to place there (or point there) and that'll work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bahnzo said:

I know I posted this earlier, but just to reiterate, the Community folder can literally be anywhere since the install gives us the choice of where to install it. Those who chose to do this certainly know it as we have to install all the scenery and other addon stuff being released in there. 

Are you sure? As far as I understood you can place the contents of "Community" folder anywhere on the computer as long as a symbolic link points to the add-on folder. This is no problem with LNM. We'll see. That's why it's a beta. 🙃 Still can fix stuff.

@Hifly2020 A million thanks! Very helpful. Looks like I'm on the right path. I'll create a fake steam installation on my test machine based on your information and see if my changes in LNM work.

All: Thanks for your input!

Alex

10 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Are you sure? As far as I understood you can place the contents of "Community" folder anywhere on the computer as long as a symbolic link points to the add-on folder. This is no problem with LNM. We'll see. That's why it's a beta. 🙃 Still can fix stuff.

Alex

That might be true, but how many standard users are using symbolic links on Windows? Maybe more than I would suspect maybe? All I know is during both the Steam (and Game Pass as I used that first to try it out before buying) I was allowed to choose my own install path which contains the /Community, /Official and /SceneryCache dirs (and of course, now the \LittleNavMap folder). And it's this Official folder that has the fs-base and fs-nav folder you are looking for. 

No problem if community and official are still together in the same folder. As Hifly2020 posted above where these are located on "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\".

I also need access to "Community" to read add-on airports. As already mentioned earlier: All the scenery reading stuff is already working in LNM. See screenshots a few posts ago. I just need to add a few more folders where to detect MSFS and find the files.

@bahnzo I used a sybolic link foe the MSFSPackages folder between my C and D drives to save space on C. But both populated!

This has caused a catastrophic issue as when I uninstalled MSFS, I have the boxed version, then tried to reinstall, it would not. Leftover fragments from the MSFS uninstaller. It has now been esculated up further with microsoft. I wait and see!

Martin

Martin Parr

votre question Albar :

1. There is a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt"? If not: Where is it? -> It´s there

On my  pc MSFS steeam  is :

C:\Users\Christy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt

3) 

1. What is "InstalledPackagesPath" (last line) in above file? -> "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator"

On my  pc MSFS steeam  is :

C:\Users\Christy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages the folder is completely empty

but here :     E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PublishedPackages :

the file contains an .xml file : PublishedPackages_TiedToExe.xml  , here is its content :

<root>
    <!-- TIED TO EXE -->    
    <files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-spb"                                srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
    <files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-propdefs"                            srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
    <files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-ui"                                srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
    <files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-onboarding"                        srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>

</root>

4) Full path to base files (containing folders "fs-base" and "fs-base-nav") is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam"? ->

On my PC is différent !

E:\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\PACKAGES\Official\Steam\ fs-base and fs-base-nav

and folder community is  :  E:\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\PACKAGES\Community

if it can be useful to you?

Edited by Alixe

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

18 hours ago, albar965 said:

A few questions:

Alex

Mine looks like this:

D:\FS2020\Packages\Community

D:\FS2020\Packages\Official\Steam

C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt -> InstalledPackagesPath "D:\FS2020\Packages"

For my with MS store installation, but using custom paths:

1. Main installation from store (the small installation before the patcher) -> %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
  2. As I have custom set drive G: as my Windows store installation drive, in 1. there are mostly only junction points to -> G:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-201337448-39919387-1056124691-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe
  3. Custom directory specified during the patcher installation -> G:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator That is where most of the sim data is stored, including the Official and Community folders (e.g. G:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore or G:\MSFS\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community)

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator