Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

To all: Thank you for the input!

I set up a test environment with a fake Steam MSFS installation using paths above (copied the needed files from my flying computer to a Windows 10 virtual machine).

See result in screenshot below. This is an add-on airport which replaces a stock airport. The paths "Official/Steam" and "Community" are detected.

If you're interested (or it might be helpful if you run into an error). These are the files read by LNM:

Reading this to get path to library:
...\UserCfg.opt

LNM reads the layout file in each folder to collect paths to XML and BGL files:
...\layout.json

Material libraries are needed to determine surface types like concrete or grass (XML files):
...\asobo-material-lib
...\fs-base-material-lib

Location packages (JSON files) are used to resolve airport and other names from the BGL files. Airport names depend on you system language. If you use a German computer you will see "München", on an English computer "Munich".
...\fs-base\*.locPak

Airports are stored in BGL files just as in the other MS and LM simulators:
...\fs-base\scenery\...\*.bgl

Navaids, airspaces, airways, dummy airports with COM and procedures are stored separately:
...\fs-base-nav\scenery\...\*.bgl

grafik.png

Alex

Have now reinstalled MSFS and currently on client PC with littlenavmap. Still dropping out frequently! However, looking at your path, I cannot see MSFS in order to see basepath. Are you just showing an example and it is not ready to be seen yet?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hi Martin,

this is just a test case for the MSFS steam installation. The paths will differ depending where you installed the data.

No idea about the dropouts. I'm also testing Navconnect across a WLAN and see no issues.

Alex

Thanks, am keeping my eyes open:)

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, albar965 said:

Yet another path variation. 😞 But thank you a lot! This is very important information. I only have the MS online installation.

A few questions:

1. You have the default steam installation path or modified?
  2. There is a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt"? If not: Where is it?
  3. What is "InstalledPackagesPath" (last line) in above file?
  4. Full path to base files (containing folders "fs-base" and "fs-base-nav") is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam"?
  5. Full path to community is "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community"?

I suppose you already compiled LNM yourself. I'll let you know once i added the changes.

It seems that even the boxed version has different installation paths. Anybody: Please let me know by answering above questions.

Alex

Hi Alex, sorry for the late reply:

1- I have a modified STEAM installation path

2- Correct, file is in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt 

3- InstalledPackagesPath "C:\Jogos" (My path is the same for base files and community ondes)

4- C:\Jogos\Official\Steam\fs-base and C:\Jogos\Official\Steam\fs-base-nav

5- Full path to Comunity is C:\Jogos\Community

------------------------------------------------------

As far as I can understand at the moment, all steam installations have the same location for UserCfg.opt file.

Then i chose the same base folder for base files and community ones.

Best regards and thanks for your commitment!

I have steam version, with flightsimulator.exe in "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator", but during installation of msfs, I setup folder for I think scenery files and also Community folder in d:\MSFS2020. I'm not at my flight computer, so I can't check what exactly is in d:\msfs2020 folder... Will it be ok..?

If I understand screenshots of beta version correctly, all those path options will be configurable, so we shouldn't have any problems detecting different scenarios of msfs instalations, or did I missed something...?

Miran Bunderla

8 hours ago, PAlves said:

As far as I can understand at the moment, all steam installations have the same location for UserCfg.opt file

Yep. And there is an another but fixed folder also for MS installations. And this file is the used to find the base which contains Community and Official/Steam or Official/OneStore.

1 hour ago, bundi said:

If I understand screenshots of beta version correctly, all those path options will be configurable, so we shouldn't have any problems detecting different scenarios of msfs instalations, or did I missed something...?

Yes. But if LNM will disable the MSFS options if nothing was found. And "Reset paths" also needs the default. This is similar to FSX/P3D which are not shown in the user interface for loading scenery if no registry entry exists.

Here is a problem encountered on a flight pal made with LNM and problem saved in .PLN

ln1.jpg

I want to recover it in Pilot2Atc which accepts almost all PlanVols files

Precision for the name of the flight plan I believe that it is necessary to avoid (and) on MSFS 20 I fear a problem and therefore I modified the name.

Import in P2Atc :

ln2.jpg

P2Atc was unable to see the Pvol points and it displays a totally wrong path!
What is astonishing on the other hand, is that he had succeeded 2 days ago on a 1st flight plan to import it correctly.
the particularity of the (2 plans) that I realized is that I only use the WP on your card = red triangle

AND in MSFS it was impossible for me to properly recover the LFTZ flight plan,
he indicated the starting track LFTZ but without track and at 1640 feet Altitude.
I started the flight and I was not at LFTZ (1640 feet) at all.

Here is a .zip file with the 2 plans made in LNM, I hope that will help you?

http://cd91.eu/MSFS/LnavMap/ln2.jpg

Merci.

Edited by Alixe

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

I'm confused ... is there already a beta available or not?

thx for your great work!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex, it is now every few minutes that LNM drops the connection. LNC states to increase update time, it is at 2000ms, maximum!

Martin

Martin Parr

Just now, albar965 said:

Nope. Noch nix.🙂 I'll anounce it as a pinned topic in this forum and on www.littlenavmap.org. Hopefully this week.

Ah ok, Danke ... dachte schon 😉

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

@Alixe Thank you for the files. I'll test these. Keep in mind that the upcoming beta of LNM will cover changes in the PLN files.

Edit: Cannot find the Zip file. There is only an image.

Edited by albar965

sorry for my error !

http://cd91.eu/MSFS/LnavMap/pvols.zip

If this problem is planned in your update, that's fine. and thank you.

Edited by Alixe
  • Like 1

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.