Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

I've been reading through all 13 pages of this topic and have been reading the manual on the LNM site and it keeps mentioning that it uses data from Navigraph. I just read about updating the cycle from the Navigraph site and when I look at that site it appears you need a paid subscription to use any of the features. Does this mean that LNM only works if you have a subscription to Navigraph?

1 hour ago, Humbler66 said:

Does this mean that LNM only works if you have a subscription to Navigraph?

No of course not you don't need Navigraph. But if you do use Navigraph in the sim for example you can have the same data in LNM

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

17 hours ago, sauviat said:

Alex, it is now every few minutes that LNM drops the connection. LNC states to increase update time, it is at 2000ms, maximum!

Martin

I'm afraid, I cannot help with that. Check your firewall and anti-virus. These usually cause the most problems.

Alex We have a network with currently 5 pcs connected. No other issues are experienced.

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hi,

Since update 1.8.3 MSFS the flight plans created with LNM which did not load correctly, are now perfectly imported.

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

9 minutes ago, Alixe said:

Hi,

Since update 1.8.3 MSFS the flight plans created with LNM which did not load correctly, are now perfectly imported.

That's an interesting observation. Does MSFS recognize the LNM starting parking spot or just ignore it?

I'm sorry folks but I'm still not able to figure this out for FS20202.

I appreciate it's still a work in progress, but can anyone help me with:-

1) Load Scenery Library? Where is the scenery config file?

2) Tools - Flight Sim Connection? 2 options are connect to XPlane or remote flight sim via Little Navconnect? (Hostname and port required)

3) Weather? Weather source? Wind source?

4) WEb Server? Document root directory? Port Number? I can start the web server which then says where it is running and the IP address.

Used to like this on XPLane and would appreciate help!

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's an interesting observation. Does MSFS recognize the LNM starting parking spot or just ignore it?

I only tested on LFTZ st tropez airport and my plane was on the same number chosen on LNM.
but I fear that this is perhaps not always the case it is necessary to check this and to indicate it on the forum.

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Will check. Old versions simply ignored it and even did not save their own assignment when building plans in MSFS.

6 minutes ago, John F71 said:

'm sorry folks but I'm still not able to figure this out for FS20202.

I appreciate it's still a work in progress, but can anyone help me with:-

No. It is not work in progress.🙃 Work in progress is going on here on my notebook right now. 😉

LNM 2.4.5 was never built for MSFS and never patched or updated for MSFS. This is a task that takes a few weeks.

Wait for the beta which will out soon (not the marketing "soon").

Alex

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sauviat said:

Alex We have a network with currently 5 pcs connected. No other issues are experienced.

Hi Martin
I just did a flight with MSFS having Navmap and Navconnect connected both to the simulator (the joy of SimConnect). An old and slow macOS powerbook was receiving position updates from the flying computer via WLAN. No problems with a ton of AI transferred at 150 ms update rate. At 100 ms I get warnings about missing updates but no disconnect.

I suppose something in your network or on your computer does not like TCP connections that are established for too long.

@Alixe, @jabloomf1230 and all:
If you ever encounter a flight plan where the parking position is loaded
reproducibly by MSFS: Please send it to me. I just tried to load plans with parking and could not convince MSFS (updated today) to load it.
Anyway, this is not a too big issue for now. Rather a small inconvenience. You can still select the parking position in the dropdown list
in MSFS without destroying the plan.

Alex

28 minutes ago, bahnzo said:

Here's a performance file to get the MSFS section started. This is the G36 that I've been flying with the performance upgrades which can be found HERE.

Terrific! Thank you! Uploaded to the library right here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/MSFS/

Alex

• Upvote 1

I think it should be specified that it is a modded version....

Edited by P_R_S

Just now, P_R_S said:

I think it should be specified that it is a modded version....

Its in the remarks of the aircraft performance file. Can be seen in the edit dialog and in the fuel planner in LNM
I also just changed the file name and added "modded" to make it clear.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that someone can help me connect to msfs2020.  After downloading the simconnect zip file from the link given earlier in this discussion, i've double-clicked and installed the SimConnect.msi installer from the root directory of LNM.  From the Tools/Flight simulator connect menu I only have two options:  local to x-plane and remote to fltsim via LNC.  neither connect obviously.  I must be making a stupid mistake in where the SimConnect.msi installer is going.....or something.  The connect automatically box is ticked.  This has got to be a silly detail Ive missed.  Do I have a version of LNM (the latest) that just doesn't have a local connection to FSX/P3D option.  The SimConnect installer loads correctly on my computer. msfs2020 is running with plane on the runway, but alas, no connection.  I love and need LNM. Pleeeez help. Can't wait till the beta is ready. Alex, you should be a wealthy man.