Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

1 hour ago, bahnzo said:

Yes. One thing to know is most of my flying in this plane is in higher elevations above 10k feet. I would think flying closer to sea level might use less fuel? I'm not sure. I also know a lot of the data was flown w/o the plane loaded with weight, so that will surely increase usage if you are flying something like FSE or OnAir.

LNM does not consider fuel flow differences based on altitude and load. I'd like to have that too but for now MSFS keeps me busy.🙃

I'd make different profiles for high and low cruise altitude ranges.

Alex

44 minutes ago, albar965 said:

LNM does not consider fuel flow differences based on altitude and load. I'd like to have that too but for now MSFS keeps me busy.🙃

I'd make different profiles for high and low cruise altitude ranges.

Alex

I've kinda figured that after a certain point, I'll have a decent average of both. And with the reserve fuel amount, I've never had any issues. And even with all that, the figures for gals needed for the flight are usually pretty spot on.

I run in a loop, and can not solve my problem. I installed the 2.6.0 beta, updated the database, and I cannot find all the airports in LNM.
For example: ULAP UKIQ UIIV ....

kTBtKb-littlenavmap-2020-09-19-14-18-24.

kTBtKb-littlenavmap-2020-09-19-14-19-43.

UAEtKb-littlenavmap-2020-09-19-17-13-03.

[\spoiler]

Edited by cro

@cro I see that (MSFS) is in brackets in the window title bar. This means you are looking at pure Navigraph data.
Choose "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures". This is the default and will show MSFS airports and the rest from the Navigraph database.

Have a look at the manual in chapter 43. Navigation Databases. This explains the differences.

Alex

• Like 1

albar965: you're the man... 🙂

Beta version seems ok. I have MSFS steam version with flightsimulatorexe file not in default location and also scenery files are not in default location, so LNM recognize all paths correctly.
Live connection is working, also loading flight plan with custom waypoint is ok - Carenado Skylane... 
Going to make another donation - already made one a few years ago...

Miran Bunderla

I have a feature request: I would like to lnm to recognize msfs poi - handmade landmarks, etc... 

Miran Bunderla

1 hour ago, bundi said:

I have a feature request: I would like to lnm to recognize msfs poi - handmade landmarks, etc... 

I already have that in mind.

There are free POI databases around on the web. If somebody could download and convert these to LNM userpoint format? Somebody volunteering?

• Like 1

Hello Alexander,
I would volunteer to create this database, but I noticed that it exists under MSFS since it is possible to select as the point of departure or arrival the POIs represented. Wouldn't it be easier to export from MSFS then import after converting to the desired CSV format? Most important to me seems to be the fit between what we might find in LTNM and what actually exists in MSFS.
Have a good day.

Hi @jpsnsa842 Unfortunately the POI are decoded in a BGL and I'm not sure if this is easy to decode.

This is:
.../Packages/Official/OneStore/fs-base/scenery/Global/Asobo_POI/Asobo_POI.BGL

The file is quite big using 1.35GB. I guess it contains all the scenery elements.

Alex

2 hours ago, jpsnsa842 said:

Here is a new utility which seems to be able to read and manage POIs in MSFS. We talk about it here : https://secure.simmarket.com/rksoftware-fstarter-msfs.phtml.  A solution to our wish to insert POIs on the LTNM map ?

I'd like to outsource this. 🙃 If anybody can get the POIs legally into a CSV format suitable for LNM (described here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/USERPOINT.html) I can upload it to https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/

Alex

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, albar965 said:

This might be related to an add-on. What happens if you exclude the Community folder in Options -> Scenery library database?

Alex

I have the same, so I followed your advice and excluded the Community folder. I have already a ton of airports there, so this was an easy fix for now. Loading the Scenery database now worked flawless.

I just excluded every single airport folder from my community folder an try to delete the exclusion one by one to see which airport is causing problems here. This will take a while now haha, but I´d like to see my addon airports in Little Navmap. I do a lot of Bush flying and those little additional airfields people created are awesome and planning some flights with them will be a lot of fun 🙂

Hey! Thank you very much for updating your gem for MSFS!

Edit:

3U2 Johnson Creek from baddweapon is the first now triggering this error for me.

Edit2: Still importing them one by one. I have 3 airfields so far which do not trigger an import error, but also do not show up in the LittleNavMap database. Is there a way to find out why? These are airfields not represented in the base MSFS install, so completely new ones.
Note for myself: AYZZ, LID1, CQRA, U692, E533

Edited by buedi