Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

LNM and Microsoft FS2020

3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Absolutely not. The paths are saved in the database and when you move the scenery database to the network computer they do not exist anymore.
It's just an indication why there is only plain text and no blue link. The blue link should appear on the flying computer, though.

Alex

Excellent, both for the rapid response and for the the work you have done in creating this wonderful program👍

Is there a way to attach screenshots to these posts, it would have been so much easier to describe the issue?

Thanks, Steve.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi all! My first post here, but have been flight simming for 20+ years, well since my teens anyway. Started on Flight Unlimited II if anyone remembers that!

Anyway, I'm loving MSFS 2020 and have recently come across Little Navmap. What a brilliant piece of software! It's adding a whole extra layer of immersion for me. Playing around with VFR routes and functionality currently, but working my way up to IFR flight plans.

However, I'm using 2.6.4.beta and noticed a couple of things that I want to check....

1. When I create a flight plan and have a stand or gate as my departure point the flight plan when loaded in the sim always puts me at the start of the active runway with engine running, etc. Is there anyway to fix this? I know I can set the stand or gate if creating the flight plan in MSFS, but I want to use LMN from now on as it's so much more capable.

2. AI planes show on the map in LMN when I'm in game, but multiplayer planes do not. Is this correct? It would be nice to see other players on the LMN map like I can see them in game.

Tom

Hi Tom @Lyceum666,

1. Know issue. Choose you departure position in the dropdown menu in MSFS. It will reset the plan if you do this on the map. MSFS does not read parking positions from the plan. It always sets departure to a runway.

2. Know issue. MSFS SimConnect limitation. I cannot do much about this for now.

Alex

Many thanks @albar965

Didn't think of using that workaround, so that fixes the issue for me.

No worries on the second issue, it's more just a 'nice to have' so hopefully the MSFS SimConnect will allow it in the future.

Well done once again on a brilliant piece of software :)

Cheers,

Tom

I tried to read this entire thread, but couldn't find a solution for my problemspacer.png

How can I upload my log files here into the thread?

Regards,

Scott

Edit: After updating to the newest version the error message is gone.

Edited by Captain Scott
Solved problem

10 minutes ago, Captain Scott said:

I tried to read this entire thread, but couldn't find a solution for my problem

Thanks for the screenshot.

Sorry, but your LNM version is stone age and does not support MSFS since SU11 at all. Update to the latest 2.8.10 (https://albar965.github.io/index.html).

The problem is also described in the FAQ here: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#msfs-scenery-library-no-region

Alex

Hi Alex,

you're right and I updated the the newest version and the error message disappeared.

Thank you,

Scott

Hi Alex,

why is LNM not using any longer added  maps from the folder in which are also the default maps

for example google-maps -sat.I used to use them in older versions.

Scott

26 minutes ago, Captain Scott said:

why is LNM not using any longer added  maps from the folder in which are also the default maps

You to reinstall (i.e. copy them again) after each installation/update.

Next version of LNM comes with a fix for this where you can use additional map themes from another folder like "Documents" than the installation folder.

Alex

Beside that a newly copying of the maps into the earth folder didn't work,

the new versions of LNM have problems to display the red plane from Virtual transmitter online.

That's why I will revert again to an older version.

Thanks nevertheless,

Scott

4 hours ago, Captain Scott said:

Beside that a newly copying of the maps into the earth folder didn't work,

This is certainly no issue if the maps are copied to the right folder and the program is restarted.🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Captain Scott said:

the new versions of LNM have problems to display the red plane from Virtual transmitter online.

I see no issues here. Most likely the wrong settings in LNM.

Alex

Hello Alex,

I've sorted out all problems and am now using the latest version.

Now I have a question for a mid eighty years old man, who looks for a version of LNM, that would work on Windows 7 64 bit. 

Is there one, and where could he get it? He tried a version, where an error message popped out, saying the "VCRUNTIME 140dll" would 

be missing. 

Thanks in advance,

Scott