Sign in to follow this  
Dreamsofwings1

P3Dv5 - white grid lines / tile edges at sea

You're right, the closer you get to the water, the worse it would become. Also the faster you fly near the water, the worse it would get.  I love to fly float planes and amphibians, especially in V5. So it was really annoying.

Here's the thread at LM. Maybe you can find some clues there:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137576&hilit=texture+tearing

Here's the quote from LM HF2 Release Notes: "Fixed terrain cracks that could occur in reflections."

If I can think of anything else that might help, I'll let you know.

Don

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

1 hour ago, DonMuskopf said:

You're right, the closer you get to the water, the worse it would become. Also the faster you fly near the water, the worse it would get.  I love to fly float planes and amphibians, especially in V5. So it was really annoying.

Here's the thread at LM. Maybe you can find some clues there:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137576&hilit=texture+tearing

Here's the quote from LM HF2 Release Notes: "Fixed terrain cracks that could occur in reflections."

If I can think of anything else that might help, I'll let you know.

Don

Thanks for posting that Don.  Interesting seeing them referencing it to land textures too.  I don’t see it there and to be fair I don’t see it over 80% of the sea in the area I was testing.  No real response yet on my LM post.

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

Seeing the same thing off the coast of LA (ORBX SoCal Region), still looking for a fix for this and blurry ground textures. 

Richard

It's been a while, but I ran into this problem again recently. After much time investigating this recent occurrence, I finally found the answer. Somehow, I had inadvertently turned on Dynamic Texture Streaming. After unchecking this option on the Display page, the texture "cracks" disappeared.

If anyone is still experiencing this problem. This may solve it for you.

FYI.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

5 hours ago, Alistair Logie said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any useful information to add but I do want to say that I enjoy your YouTube channel. 🙂

Yes, and I’ll second that 👍

Cheers, 🍺

Bully. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/