Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Avsim interview of the FS team

Will it be our Sunday treat, @Chuck_Jodry-VJPL?

• Like 10

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Ah , yes I can answer that now with " sortof " you can undock a panel popup and put it on another screen but the world is limited to one screen , its on the list for inclusion at some point in the future . A timeline during the presentation had items like Helicopters in development as well.

An interview    with the directors was recorded that covered a number of our forums questions and contributions to the development  of MSFS2020 .

I invite the membership to meet the people involved and see for yourself the "Unboxing" of this new sim .

Best CJ

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Why is the interview hidden away on dropbox? Doesn't AVsim have a YouTube channel?

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

7 minutes ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

Ah , yes I can answer that now with " sortof " you can undock a panel popup and put it on another screen but the world is limited to one screen , its on the list for inclusion at some point in the future . A timeline during the presentation had items like Helicopters in development as well.

An interview    with the directors was recorded that covered a number of our forums questions and contributions to the development  of MSFS2020 .

I invite the membership to meet the people involved and see for yourself the "Unboxing" of this new sim .

Best CJ

Dropbox...is this 2006? Get with the times and put it on a Youtube channel.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

You have a valid point but that's not something I can do without a BOD meeting to discuss it , I can get it on the agenda for the next session, for the moment this is for Avsim's members .

1 hour ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

You have a valid point but that's not something I can do without a BOD meeting to discuss it , I can get it on the agenda for the next session, for the moment this is for Avsim's members .

I don’t mean to come across as condescending, but why delay it until the next BOD meeting. Can’t you have a quick group chat and have it up on YouTube in less than 5 minutes? Agility is now the name of the game if we want to capture the interest of the young.

Also, I suspect that AVSIM forum visitors will drop significantly once the MSFS forums are active, so this video would be a good opportunity to generate awareness among the general public about AVSIM as a makeshift forum for MSFS in the meanwhile. Increased website traffic can only be helpful. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Who are the people in the video? An introduction of each at the start of the interview (or at least in a description or something) would be nice. I understand (presume?) they are Asobo developers but names, roles etc....

Dropped on DropBox with the title INTERVIEW.MP4? Agree with the others about Dropbox/YouTube Channel. Doesn't come across as....well......Speaks volumes for professionalism 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Thanks for the interview. Always great to see the enthusiasm these guys show for aviation, flightsimming and their product.

• Like 4

Thank you Chuck for sharing the interview with us. Learned quite a lot about things that I've been asking in other places but never got an answer for them. Really happy to know about the fact that SDK is planned to be made available to everyone who buys MSFS (Jurg says "it's enabled everywhere". Not sure if that means the SDK will available to everyone starting from the release day?). And another big news I learned from the interview is that third parties have already made a lot of stuff and some of them will available in the marketplace, along with some other stuff that Jurg said was totally unexpected (but he didn't talk more cause he didn't wanna spoil the fun for everyone). You have asked them some really important questions indeed.

• Like 1

Chuck-

Many thanks for this!  I am looking forward to May 18th as much as anyone.  I am optimistic about this Sim and the promise of the robust ecosystem that lies beneath.  I do hope the developers take a page from history, and not worry too much about backwards compatibility.  At some point, if it is indeed good enough, everyone who can, will get on board, and the rest... well...

Key is the constant evolution and bolstering of the SDK so that developers already have a robust aerodynamic suite, and can therefore concentrate on systems depth. I'm rather fond of heavy metal.

I don't want to bother faffing around with umpteen discs, but it is hard to avoid wanting to have yet another piece of the flight sim franchise on my bookshelf. 🙂

AvSim has been a constant in my life, and it is good to see its focus and spotlight on the future of this important facet of my retired life.

As you well know, my heart is firmly fixed in the Flight Levels, however, I do remember puttering around in an old Champ, with my left elbow out the window... and I hope to do something like that again very soon. The possibilities are endless, and hopefully ever evolving!

Whatever the end run, the fact that MS and Asobo have dedicated this much resource to OUR hobby is applause worthy. BZ!

Is it the 18th yet?

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Transcript?

They like them trees big.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

31 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I am looking forward to May 18th as much as anyone.

What? Release delayed??

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, Chapstick said:

no

What happens on May 18th then?

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models