Sign in to follow this  
Ident

Reverb G2 Xplane test against Rift S/Index

The idea of all the great things MSFS will bring to us simmers can only be amplified by the timing of the coming Reverb G2 for VR users. I've owned the Rift CV1 and currently use the Rift S which I like a lot. However, knowing what the Rift S can do and then seeing it compared to the coming Reverb G2 along with reviews, well I am very excited about MSFS now. As well as other VR titles. Personally, with games like Alyx and now a headset like the G2, VR is finally getting all the pieces needed to turn VR way more mainstream.

Something you all should keep in mind is that first HP G1 was a disaster until they recalled them and fixed all the issues.  I have the improved version of the G! and am very happy with it but would have been upset if I purchased one of the early versions with all the problems they had.  Just something to think about.

LouP

I got my G1 late 2019. Recently I put it to one side a bit and went back to my Odyssey which is also a good headset. Last night I powered up the G1 again and was in awe of the clarity. Probably the worst thing about the G1 for me was the nose cavity which presses hard on my (obviously oversized) nose! After that the chunky cable is a pain. So, if they sort both of those and give a better sweet spot and better audio it will be fantastic.

I'm also excited for what the arrival of the 3080/3090 will bring to the VR world. We're about to have the brake horse to drive really high end headsets with FOV as well as clarity. PiMax never had the $$$ to build a great wide FOV headset, but it can be done and now there will be a customer base of people with the kit to drive it.

Edited by Spit40

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg