Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

MSFS2020 - DUBAI International 747-8 Cockpit Takeoff

Never knew a 747-8i could reverse without a tug just by engaging reverse thrust🙄

The standard pusback without a tug from FSX/P3D is still in the sim, I guess they didn't know it existed.

Edited by Tuskin38

If you guys are unhappy now, you'll just love NERD3's video....... 😺

https://youtu.be/TIb7AoaosoM

• Like 4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

29 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Never knew a 747-8i could reverse without a tug just by engaging reverse thrust🙄

Why not? Older and weaker jets could back in the day at TWA. 

That ATC dealing with tugs stuff is hilarious. They really do need to change that. And the idea that there would be no tugs available for any of the service agents at Dubai, is bloody ridiculous. Have these people even been to Dubai and seen all the flash gear they have?

'No tug huh? Guess our airline's service agent staff must all have overslept or something. Oh well, I'll just power back with four of these 66,000 lb thrust engines on a FOD-covered ramp before either asking, or being told by anyone what the status is, nor having had it confirmed I'm allowed to start the engines either, on the stand, nor knowing if the aircraft is clear of GSE and clear behind or being certain if all the doors are closed and the jet bridge is retracted and the chocks have been removed.

What could possibly go wrong?'

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

45 minutes ago, vc10man said:

It can. Why the eye-roll?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

6 minutes ago, WestAir said:

It's not lawful at most airports - noise damage, abatement rules, FOD ingestion risk, etc. And even if you were allowed by ATC, there are tons of precautions you have to do.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

40 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

If you guys are unhappy now, you'll just love NERD3's video....... 😺

https://youtu.be/TIb7AoaosoM

Fun video. Like that non simmers are enjoying it too.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's not lawful at most airports - noise damage, abatement rules, FOD ingestion risk, etc. And even if you were allowed by ATC, there are tons of precautions you have to do.

So-you’re-telling-me-there’s-a-chance.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WestAir said:

That was to symbolise that I am learning something anew,----- as I always thought it was smaller aircraft that could do that, not a 747-8i---- like when somebody reveals something new you never knew about. Geddit?

Thanks, Alan.👍(or a thumbs-up is frowned upon too??)

Edited by vc10man
  • Upvote 2

Chewwy's video he actually started the airbus correctly. Alsto there are  INOP buttons so keep that in mind . also , in this video he had to re-record it multiple times for angles since there is no replay feature. So think he just skipped stuff.. I noticed he started the fuel pumps manually and i assume a ctrl-e would do that automatically.  

And yeah.. Asobo made it clear the sounds would be very accurate.  

Has  anyone posted a cold and dark tbm video since the embargo lifted?  I am 70/30 ga/tube anyways .. very interested to see that.

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Like I keep saying, there's no real point in getting too wound up about this or that missing feature. If a feature is wanted by the people who end up using the thing, and it is possible for it to be implemented, then either MS or a TPD will create it.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Even Turboprops like KingAir can do.