Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Pros and cons of HDR capable 4K TV

I understand there’s no G-Sync for one thing, but that aside, what would the negatives be about using this kind of 4K TV for P3D or MSFS? Way less expensive than a comparable 43” HDR capable computer monitor.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-43-v-series-4k-ultra-hd-tv-smart-led-with-hdr/6411694.p?skuId=6411694

Edited by neil0311

actually there are some that are capable of Gsync.  You just have a more limited pick.  I use a 43" 4k tv and love it for my main display.  I use that for the VC.  Then have two monitors on each side for ancillary programs.  works great for me.  Just make sure the TV is capable of 4:4:4 chroma.  In the old days tv's didn't work the best, but they work great now for flight sim.  I have a 60hz, but set resolution to 30hz when simming.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

actually there are some that are capable of Gsync. 

Do you have an example of one?  I can't find any. 

this may help   Just look closely as sometimes they say a tv is gsync compatible but only in certain sizes

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/g-sync-compatible

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next