Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Amazing contrast in V4.5 vs V5 for ME!

1 hour ago, cowpatz said:

Have you have done a complete reinstall, and before adding any add ons, flew the stock standard/default vanilla flavoured sim?

I have done a complete reinstall...yes.  Can't say I didn't add anything, though.  I probably did load it up with Orbx sceneries and a few airliners.

I just deleted Client, Content, and Scenery TODAY, and reinstalled it.  Deleted the Cfg and let it build a new one.  Checked to make sure it was Hotfix2.  I did add a few planes and flew a short trip to Buffalo (200 miles).  It was stuttering so badly at about 100 miles from the airport that I just quit.

The problem is that there are no planes in the default sim that I really like.  GA aircraft generally fly well.  It's the airliners and jets that cause problems for me.

What plane do you suggest I try for a test flight of a few hundred miles at FL25?

Stan

Edited by spilok

Like most of the others here, with HF2 and Windows 10 2004 I find V5 much smoother and stutter-free than I could ever make V4.5. Some compromise on VRAM-hungry settings is needed, but other than that, no stutters.

The only exception I've found was using Live Map, in SimToolkit to track my flight. It uses a lot of CPU, so switching to tracking using Navigraph fixed this for me.

Hope you manage to sort it out, as V5 is worth the move.

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

1 hour ago, spilok said:

What plane do you suggest I try for a test flight of a few hundred miles at FL25?

Stan

FL25??    Did you mean: FL250?

Quote:

Flight levels[2] are described by a number, which is the nominal altitude, or pressure altitude, in hundreds of feet, while being a multiple of 500 ft, therefore always ending in 0 or 5. Therefore, a pressure altitude of 32,000 ft (9,800 m) is referred to as "flight level 320".

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Quote:

Flight levels[2] are described by a number, which is the nominal altitude, or pressure altitude, in hundreds of feet, while being a multiple of 500 ft, therefore always ending in 0 or 5. Therefore, a pressure altitude of 32,000 ft (9,800 m) is referred to as "flight level 320".

Yes. Sorry,  FL250 or greater.  I usually fly at FL300.  As I said, GA aircraft seem to NOT CAUSE the stuttering or breakdown.

Stan

3 hours ago, spilok said:

I have done a complete reinstall...yes.  Can't say I didn't add anything, though.  I probably did load it up with Orbx sceneries and a few airliners.

I just deleted Client, Content, and Scenery TODAY, and reinstalled it.  Deleted the Cfg and let it build a new one.  Checked to make sure it was Hotfix2.  I did add a few planes and flew a short trip to Buffalo (200 miles).  It was stuttering so badly at about 100 miles from the airport that I just quit.

The problem is that there are no planes in the default sim that I really like.  GA aircraft generally fly well.  It's the airliners and jets that cause problems for me.

Stan

Did you delete the shader cache also?

Also if I were having issues I would use DDU to get rid of the display driver and then install the latest using the clean install option.  Then I would not touch the nvidia control panel -- leave it alone.

And don't install anything into the sim.  Get it running well first before adding anything to it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 hours ago, spilok said:

A320 from Simviation for P3d.  I download quite a few Boeings, Airbuses, etc from Simviation

I bet a pitcher of beer thats the source of your problems: not V5 compatible addon planes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

5 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I bet a pitcher of beer thats the source of your problems: not V5 compatible addon planes.

If so, what jets or airliners do you use, if I may ask?

Stan

13 minutes ago, spilok said:

If so, what jets or airliners do you use, if I may ask?

Stan

Sure, exclusively ProSim737.

For me its the only logical explanation why you have these strange breakdowns. I don't know if you have an more advanced airliner addon, i guess not as you would alread have tried the same in FSL, PMDG etc.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found my problem with P3dV5! 

EUREKA.....I HAVE FOUND IT!

I really wish it would have been one of the written solutions for me here on this forum, because I appreciate all the wonderful and helpful information I have always received here.  After many re-installations of V5, both full and partial, and after many re-buildings of my P3d Cfg, and after all the Shader deletes I have done...none of those completely solved my excessive "stuttering, pauses, and freezes" after about 50 miles into a flight.

Well, here it is.  I was consistently researching this problem for MONTHS, and the same advice was given everywhere....except this morning.  I read an excellent article on line at Brettsan.com regarding P3d Configuration problems and tweaks.

The most intriguing section had to do with AUDIO DRIVERS.  Specifically, it said, "If you don't remember the last time you updated your audio drivers, then this is for you - this tweak is specifically for fixing stutters!"

It seems that I remember updating my Nvidia Video Drivers several MONTHS ago when it also had a checkmark for upgrading AUDIO drivers as well. I didn't see it at first, and the audio drivers I had in my computer were updated, unbeknownst to me with generic, horrible drivers.  Although they worked, they were not right for my Jetline computer.  Jetline installed a Realtek High Definition Audio card in my computer and now....my Realtek drivers were nowhere to be found.  The generic drivers were such junk that they definitely interfered with my flights when they stuttered sound.  The sound stuttering caused my video stuttering, pausing and freezing in V5.  Why it didn't affect V4.5 significantly is still a mystery.

I troubleshot Windows 10 sound issues and on first try, they asked me if I heard a BEEP.  I did not!  I thought my Wife was right....that I'm getting hard of hearing when she talks to me (?).  When I said I didn't hear the beep, they said they'd fix it....I ran the test again, and a loud BEEEEEP occurred that I could hear plainly.  It then told me that they had installed the proper drivers.  When I checked my sound settings, sure enough, the REALTEK drivers were back.  I haven't had them since V5's Hotfix #1 was developed.

So, today I flew V5 to and from an airport over 200 miles away, landed and moved over to another airport...then flew another 200+ miles and NOT ONCE did I have a stutter, a pause, or a freeze.  It was absolutely beautiful and smooth.

Thank you all for attempting to help me with this terrible problem...which would have also followed me to additional P3d updates as well as other sims coming in the future.  

Who could have guessed that SOUND imperfections could cause massive VIDEO stutters?  Not me, of course.  But now I know better, and I hope I have been able to share valuable information for anyone else who may have this problem.

I'm BACK!

Stan

Ps.  JoeFackel, I'm looking forward to that pitcher of beer!

Edited by spilok
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, spilok said:

I don't know about that.  I avoid anything from Rikoooooo without a thorough cleansing, and even Simviation is a little iffy at times.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

59 minutes ago, spilok said:

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found my problem with P3dV5! 

EUREKA.....I HAVE FOUND IT!

So, today I flew V5 to and from an airport over 200 miles away, landed and moved over to another airport...then flew another 200+ miles and NOT ONCE did I have a stutter, a pause, or a freeze.  It was absolutely beautiful and smooth.

I haven't yet upgraded to v5; I'm still flying v4.5 with no problems.  I will be interested to hear if, in your opinion, Stan, v5 is worth the change.  Thanks.

Scott

2 hours ago, spilok said:

No problem, a thing i will pay willingly pay for 😉

I can remember problems with nvidia audio driver were a few times also a source for stutters, but a very rare one. 

Signature3.png

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Quote:

Just an FYI, in Europe (and other places) Flight Levels start at the Transition Altitude which can be as low as 3,000 feet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_level). 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

51 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

No problem, a thing i will pay willingly pay for 😉

I can remember problems with nvidia audio driver were a few times also a source for stutters, but a very rare one. 

We'll share the pitcher.  I do know that some Rickooo downloads really don't do well in V5.  You're right about that.

Stan

29 minutes ago, spilok said:

We'll share the pitcher.

Bets with alcohol always presume sharing, because where would be the fun in betting with alcohol as stake anywhere?

Signature3.png