Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Separate control mapping profiles for different aircraft?

Hi all,

can anyone let me know, with winks or what ever, can I setup all my buttons for a Cessna, then jump into a jet and be able to save a separate mapping profile for that? 

what about multiple devices? I have a saitek x55, ch yoke, CH Throttle quadrant and ch rudders all connected using FSUIPC and depending on a/c the profile uses the proper device. Will MSFS2020 allow for something similar?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Oh, I assumed the answer to this was known. Would be a nightmare to have to remap buttons each time you jump in and out of different aircraft 

Yea, Tommy & Vic pose 2 great questions. I'm used to being able to do both, these days, but I know FSX never had this out of the box. You needed FSUIPC to do some of this, which brings us to another question...will we still need FSUIPC to get the most out of the new sim?

Edited by hangar

18 minutes ago, hangar said:

...will we still need FSUIPC to get the most out of the new sim?

There is no FSUIPC

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

It's a fine line for the development team I feel.

Do they design the sim in such a way that you don't any more payware except airplanes and airports and subsequently kill a lot of companies future revenue streams?

Or do you developed the sim in a way where it's darn good but you leave just enough out that it provides opportunities for current payware developers to take advantage of new revenue streams?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I hope the approach Aboso takes is to ensure the core functionality of the base sim -- for example, terrain, weather, view management, etc. -- is done well and continually developed. I appreciate all the efforts of the developers who helped make FSX and then Prepare3d so much better, who gave us Chaseplane, and Active Sky and Cloud Art, and turbulence mods, and PTA and terrain and vector updates. And I supported virtually all of them over the years. They all enriched the simulator tremendously and kept me engaged and enjoying this hobby.

But, I also always felt that these kinds of elements that are essential to a flight simulator should have been updated and continually improved as part of the base simulator. This is my one and only complaint with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d team. In the absence of that work being taken seriously and done, we were left to purchase and install so many additional products, each of which had to hack into and modify these core elements. In the end, for me at least, it began to take away from the enjoyment of the hobby; some days -- especially when things needed to be installed again - it just felt like work. And I am pretty sure all of this impacts performance. 

I am looking forward to starting a session without needing to launch 3 or 4 additional program first! So, I hope these are done well by Aboso and updated based on feedback and emerging technology. Then, third party developers can focus on really good quality planes and much improved cityscapes and airports.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 2

Dan Scott

Fantastic!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Any Beta tester here who happens to know how to map the pov hat switch in the sim for looking around freely on the CH yoke? There's no profile for the Ch yoke (yet?), so i need to do all the mappings myself, it's an easy enough job to do.....except for the pov hat switch, and in this stage all i want to do is looking AROUND for all the beauty in the sim, which i can't without the pov hat switch, at least not as easily.

Tried about everything to get it mapped....to no avail,

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

5 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

There is no FSUIPC

Not correct.

John Dowson reported about two weeks ago that they have been in contact with the MSFS team and 3rd party developers, and that at that point they had at least an alpha version of FSUIPC7 for the new sim. This is good news, especially for home cockpit builders and others who want to tailor how they interface with the sim to meet their particular needs.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can make whatever profiles you want. Name them "172" and "A320" or whatever.

1 hour ago, ark said:

Not correct.

John Dowson reported about two weeks ago that they have been in contact with the MSFS team and 3rd party developers, and that at that point they had at least an alpha version of FSUIPC7 for the new sim. This is good news, especially for home cockpit builders and others who want to tailor how they interface with the sim to meet their particular needs.

Al

Good news everyone. 😉