Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Any news on v5.1 ?

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

MSFS has pr scenery + custom AG.

If you compare V5 + TrueSky + TE Great Britain ( eg London Area ) with MSFS what do you think Michael ?

Bing is not that perfect in Europe as it is in the US ( different seasons / area less sharp )

The London area of TE GB is no doubt better. Some big cities may benefit from POI packs which I am sure add-on makers will deliver soon. In no way I am going to talk nonsense like a "Flight Sim of the Gods",  as I know it's shortcomings quite well. Despite, I stay to my words.

London is how much percent of the world? Go to Japan, where people have been asking for region or even landclass enhancements for ages. Japan (which is certainly bigger than Greater London) looks splendid in MSFS. Not to speak about Russia, Africa...

And that's my last sentence in this place as it's OFF topic in a P3D thread,😉.

And to return ON topic, I would much acknowledge already if LM would finally remove the flickering around power lines and trees with EA on. Plus correct the color-seams at the border of my widescreen monitor which I (and others) reported and LM acknowledged shortly after release of 5.0 ("HF0").

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I hope soon and with EA fully operational. While I predict going full time to MSFS, that won't be until most of the big players like FSL and PMDG have all their stuff in it. I'm under no illusion that it will take quite some time until that occurs. Likely a good year I think. So I want P3D v5.1 to get me to that point which will likely be the summer of 2021. Still on v4.5 waiting on 5.1.

My guess that first 2 weeks with MSFS will be killed for VFR flying and looking for familiar houses, places etc. Then people would go back to P3D. 

• Like 2

I don`t see the 18th having any bearing on HF1, like all things when it`s sorted.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

My guess that first 2 weeks with MSFS will be killed for VFR flying and looking for familiar houses, places etc. Then people would go back to P3D. 

Regarding MSFS FranceVFR is going to make area packages with POIs and more realistic looking AG. Especially Paris itself can be improved a lot.

Regarding P3Dv5 : myself I only fly in Europe and Northern Africa and I almost have all countries PR + custom AG .+ POIs. And many detailed Addon airports . 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

If MSFS is making quick Process like they already seem to do now (From 0 VR to full/good Implement in under 1 Year) then it will be very hard to stay on P3D. Ill expect a quick porting of addon planes as well as this will bring money to the devs (could be a reason to let us charge for these updates). The overall Bing Scenery looks way better then Fictional world in P3D. 

But if P3D does also enhance the new EA and water than this will be a good reason to hang on as this are the 2 major things I complain about. It is time now to implement a big step forwards regarding EA with appropriate weather and better looking and behaving water. This quick and dirty implementation from LM has a bad taste. It is a good teaser. But if they and hifi need another 3 to 6 months to get it stunning as MSFS there will be a major chance they loose track and never can catch up again. MSFS will try to get the most needed things portet with the 3rd party devs as this is the way to go to achive more cashflow for MSFS AND the 3rd party devs. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

29 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Ill expect a quick porting of addon planes as well as this will bring money to the devs (could be a reason to let us charge for these updates).

Not happening. Ports will simply not work. It's a whole new ballgame with aircraft design. Some 1000 points of dynamics now on aircraft compared to just a handful on P3D. All new way to design in MSFS. Hence my statement that it is going to take some time to get the study level add-ons into it. I fully expect FSL to be one of the last to get the Airbus line in it. Why? because they are always last (which is likely why they are now hiring software developers).

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

36 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Not happening. Ports will simply not work. It's a whole new ballgame with aircraft design. Some 1000 points of dynamics now on aircraft compared to just a handful on P3D. All new way to design in MSFS. Hence my statement that it is going to take some time to get the study level add-ons into it. I fully expect FSL to be one of the last to get the Airbus line in it. Why? because they are always last (which is likely why they are now hiring software developers).

I did misslead with the "Porting word". I mean bringing the products to MSFS. Or porting with making changes to make the products work in MSFS. There is not always a need to do ALL the work from scratch with MSFS. See the statements of PMDG. There is a lot to do, yes, but it will definitly go quicker as building and designing from scratch

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I think your guess is wrong. Besides, there is no "going back to P3D" for the majority of MSFS users which will be newcomers to the genre.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Double post.

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I can say that the performance of P3Dv5 with planes (PMDG, Aerosoft, Maddog), airports and other addons is much better than the default MFS.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

38 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I think your guess is wrong. Besides, there is no "going back to P3D" for the majority of MSFS users which will be newcomers to the genre.

We have to wait and see how the MSFS is running before we make a judgement.

Mo45

40 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

I can say that the performance of P3Dv5 with planes (PMDG, Aerosoft, Maddog), airports and other addons is much better than the default MFS.

Interesting. I am gathering that you are a beta tester?

cheers

mike

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

MSFS has pr scenery + custom AG.

If you compare V5 + TrueSky + TE Great Britain ( eg London Area ) with MSFS what do you think Michael ?

Bing is not that perfect in Europe as it is in the US ( different seasons / area less sharp )

Yer but MSFS is far more than just ORBX TE regions. lol Have a look at the GA flight around Venice. Breathtaking just because if you can take the huge hit of Orbx TE you might have a few nice spot. How many TE addon would you need to cover the US to name just one country. Let alone the rest of the world even if there "not that perfect". are you saying TE is perfect?

Anyway why are you asking about the 18th you seen to have no interest in MSFS so why would the 18th bother you at all.? Also I thought you dont like any comments on this forum about MSFS so why bate a topic?

v5 5.1 should hopefully help v5 a lot.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I still need my seasons soon be flying in autumn as the trees change in P3Dv5. 

Summer flying in MSFS. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The point some (most) of outsiders are missing is how much hardcore simmers like fidelity of scenery and planes. Thus, many will prefer a full realism plane in a third party realistic scenery in the older sims to a default plane in a default scenery in MSFS. This will change when the new sim matures, but it's a long way to go until then. 

• Upvote 3

Hans