Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Any news on v5.1 ?

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

I still need my seasons soon be flying in autumn as the trees change in P3Dv5. 

Summer flying in MSFS. 

You can enjoy v5 and forget all bout MSFS then 🙂 good for you 🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You can enjoy v5 and forget all bout MSFS then 🙂 good for you 🙂 

I have pre-ordered MSFS have purchased every MSFS since 1986, but will still keep P3D purchased over and £250 worth of addons this year.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

The point some (most) of outsiders are missing is how much hardcore simmers like fidelity of scenery and planes. Thus, many will prefer a full realism plane in a third party realistic scenery in the older sims to a default plane in a default scenery in MSFS. This will change when the new sim matures, but it's a long way to go until then. 

I totally agree, as with any new sim, MSFS20 needs time to mature.

Francisco Aguiar

For all of you who have switched to v5 what are you doing about shader mods?  EA doesn't really work for real wx and default p3d shaders without EA are god awful.  The lack of tomatoshade or PTA is what has been keeping me on v4.5.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

The point some (most) of outsiders are missing is how much hardcore simmers like fidelity of scenery and planes. Thus, many will prefer a full realism plane in a third party realistic scenery in the older sims to a default plane in a default scenery in MSFS. This will change when the new sim matures, but it's a long way to go until then. 

Yeah Im as excited as anyone for the new sim, and I believe its what us simmers have been asking for since fs2004 but without VR, seasons, and PMDG or FS labs quality aircraft I wont be spending much time with it.  It will take some time but once we have that I think we are all going to be in sim heaven.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I still need my seasons soon be flying in autumn as the trees change in P3Dv5. 

Summer flying in MSFS. 

Autumn and tree color change occurs WAY TOO EARLY anyway in P3d...just as it did in FSX.  I usually dread that early change because that's just not the way it is.

Stan

36 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

For all of you who have switched to v5 what are you doing about shader mods?  EA doesn't really work for real wx and default p3d shaders without EA are god awful.  The lack of tomatoshade or PTA is what has been keeping me on v4.5.  

Nothing, with EA on the lighting is great imo. I’ve used,PTA/TS and EF, just not needed with EA on. V5 is about compromising, better lighting at the cost of clouds being redrawn. EA off looks much like 4.5. The performance is much better in v5 but it’s not as stable. V5 is good but it’s also got a lot of “beta” faults.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Autumn and tree color change occurs WAY TOO EARLY anyway in P3d...just as it did in FSX.  I usually dread that early change because that's just not the way it is.

Stan

If your looking for absolute perfection your going to be disappointed for some time if at all.   

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

If your looking for absolute perfection your going to be disappointed for some time if at all.   

Not complaining.  Just saying that although I love seasons, it's not a dealbreaker if I don't see Spring or Autumn colors.  Summer and Snow will do it for me.

Stan

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Nothing, with EA on the lighting is great imo. I’ve used,PTA/TS and EF, just not needed with EA on. V5 is about compromising, better lighting at the cost of clouds being redrawn. EA off looks much like 4.5. The performance is much better in v5 but it’s not as stable. V5 is good but it’s also got a lot of “beta” faults.

I wish ea worked with VR in single pass mode, VR isn't really usable for me in stereo.  Not sure if I can get past the weather either, I have yet to see a realistic thunderstorm with ea and I can't stand the fact that the weather can't change without being completely redrawn.  I've got my pta preset so perfect with 4.5 I can't live without it in v5 either.

2 hours ago, spilok said:

There is actually an add-on for P3d4 that matches tree leafing, tree color changes and snow cover to real world data:

https://simelite.com/seasonmanager.php

It's compatible with P3d 4.5 and can be made to work with P3d5 with some fiddling, although I'd wait until Sim Elite produces an official update for P3d5.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There is actually an add-on for P3d4 that matches tree leafing, tree color changes and snow cover to real world data:

https://simelite.com/seasonmanager.php

It's compatible with P3d 4.5 and can be made to work with P3d5 with some fiddling, although I'd wait until Sim Elite produces an official update for P3d5.

Wow ive been hoping for something to fix the seasons in p3d for years, had no idea this product existed.  Thanks

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

I hope soon and with EA fully operational. While I predict going full time to MSFS, that won't be until most of the big players like FSL and PMDG have all their stuff in it. I'm under no illusion that it will take quite some time until that occurs. Likely a good year I think. So I want P3D v5.1 to get me to that point which will likely be the summer of 2021. Still on v4.5 waiting on 5.1.

I am doing exactly as you are.

9 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Envshade although it's functionality is nowhere near tomato. 

i have P3D v4.5 and V5 on my main sim pc when 5.1 rel i wait to fsl pmdg ngxu is compatible.

MSFS have preorderd , shall install it on a second PC, Ryzen 3700x 32gb 2080ti on 4k.

mostly for learning and test , use it for GA, airliners is a no no for me you cant fly with that type of systems when you normaly had used FSL and PMDG with fs2crew

migrate when NG3 and FSL is released , until then P3D  and MSFS is used vere they suit me best 

Edited by westman