Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Any news on v5.1 ?

19 minutes ago, westman said:

i have P3D v4.5 and V5 on my main sim pc when 5.1 rel i wait to fsl pmdg ngxu is compatible.

Not sure if i understand this sentence but you dont have to wait for FSL or NGXU in P3dv5 anymore

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Not sure if i understand this sentence but you dont have to wait for FSL or NGXU in P3dv5 anymore

Michael Moe

i meant when they ar compatible with 5.1 if they ar then a migrate 

my main sim today is V5 with FSL A320-321 and PMDG NGXu 

Edited by westman

14 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

For all of you who have switched to v5 what are you doing about shader mods?  EA doesn't really work for real wx and default p3d shaders without EA are god awful.  The lack of tomatoshade or PTA is what has been keeping me on v4.5.  

For v5, you do not want shader mods, EA looks better than v4.5 with shader mods.

Maybe someone will invent a mod for v5 EA in the future, but for now just leave it alone or you’ll break it! 

looking forward to seeing what LM can do with EA in 5.1, this and DX12 are the potential game changers with the new sim.

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

11 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I wish ea worked with VR in single pass mode, VR isn't really usable for me in stereo.  Not sure if I can get past the weather either, I have yet to see a realistic thunderstorm with ea and I can't stand the fact that the weather can't change without being completely redrawn.  I've got my pta preset so perfect with 4.5 I can't live without it in v5 either.

VR should work fine with EA in stereo on your (strong) system, with the possible exception that your GPU may be the weak link. 

I’ve got many, many hours in v5 EA VR, no complaints.

Only other thing that I can think of is your HMD, i currently have an Odyssey+ like you, my advice is 100% sell it and get a Rift S, works very nicely with v5 (though only in Steam mode, not Oculus).

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

VR should work fine with EA in stereo on your (strong) system, with the possible exception that your GPU may be the weak link. 

Only other thing that I can think of is your HMD, i currently have an Odyssey+ like you, my advice is 100% sell it and get a Rift S, works very nicely with v5 (though only in Steam mode, not Oculus).

I’m going to v5 and will use only vr but I don’t have steam installed is it easy to set up.

jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

You will need Steam and within it SteamVR, which are easy to install. The more intricate part are the numerous settings in the "Cliffhouse" application, SteamVR, and the Simulator which are not always intuitive.

The LM forum has some hints on proper settings but they're scattered throughout.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I'm very eagerly waiting for v5.1.. the EA mode is too buggy for me.. i've actually gone back to non-EA mode with ASCA (i know it looks ugly at times, but the cirrus is amazing).. 

the issues i have with EA:

1. the jaggies on the borders

2. trees pop out of the haze 

3. all objects in front of cumulus clouds have that crazy graphical glitch

4. need to constantly keep an eye on VRAM

5. with active sky, the weather goes blank at times or the cloud layers etc are not accurately implemented

• Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

the real kicker is when i'm in non-EA mode, the default clouds do the flickering at times.. this could be due to some AIG AI models or v5 incompatible airports that i have installed here and there.. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Maybe should you clean your shaders folder, Vinod.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Ya I do flush the shaders from time to time. Recently did it after installing asca. 

Vinod Kumar

I have v5 Professional sitting on my Downloads SSD. ‘Still waiting for 2 things, v5.1 and the PMDG 777.  Until then the latest version of v4.5 is perfectly stable and I fly without worries.  😀

Edited by Chuck Dreier
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Its butter smooth in single pass mode it just feels wrong to have to throw all of that performance away, Stereo really isnt great for nvidia gpu's I read somewhere.  It also seems to put significantly more strain on the cpu too.  With PMDG aircraft its just barely too much for my system.  Do you think any of that is due to WMR?  I had some suspicions that WMR isnt playing nice with v5, its acting like its bottlenecking somehow.  If I test with HMD emulator the performance is acceptable, but not with the headset.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

6 hours ago, Chuck Dreier said:

I have v5 Professional sitting on my Downloads SSD. ‘Still waiting for 2 things, v5.1 and the PMDG 777.  Until then the latest version of v4.5 is perfectly stable and I fly without worries.  😀

With Hotfix2, I fly v5 without worries.  😛

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

With Hotfix2, I fly v5 without worries.  😛

It is the usual trade-off between flight-simulator versus hope-and wait-simulator. If you are into flying, go flying.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I am happy that with HF2 the size of the sun with EA is normal now, instead of the mini sun it was before.

Hopefully EA will be completely integrated in V5.1 and not it being Beta for several updates ( read : many months to perhaps more than a year ) as I have a bit a FSX DX10 Preview taste in my mouth at this moment ...

🤔

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0