Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Froogle's Hands-On Preview of MSFS2020

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

He seems to be impressed (and he was originally a big hater on the project).

There's such a disconnect between someone like Froogle, who is taking the entire package and understanding their will be flaws, vs. some of the garbage I read on the beta forums, where people think the sim is trash because a certain landmark isn't there or the bridges aren't perfect all over the world yet.

There's a lot in the sim that's still a WIP (biggest issue with the planes right now is AP issues). But man is the whole package, warts and all still impressive.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

His video was nearly unwatchable for me with the jarring movement from his Track IR.......not sure how people can fly with those types of settings as it even turned upside-down a few times.....pass me the sick bag!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

His video was nearly unwatchable for me with the jarring movement from his Track IR.......not sure how people can fly with those types of settings as it even turned upside-down a few times.....pass me the sick bag!

That's very easy to fix, you just have to make sure there aren't any bright light sources behind you and you can play with the software settings to filter out lights.

41 minutes ago, bonchie said:

biggest issue with the planes right now is AP issues

Oh yeah, I have seen that on the TBM lol...

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

46 minutes ago, bonchie said:

He seems to be impressed (and he was originally a big hater on the project).

There's such a disconnect between someone like Froogle, who is taking the entire package and understanding their will be flaws, vs. some of the garbage I read on the beta forums, where people think the sim is trash because a certain landmark isn't there or the bridges aren't perfect all over the world yet.

There's a lot in the sim that's still a WIP (biggest issue with the planes right now is AP issues). But man is the whole package, warts and all still impressive.

Insider forums is a dumpster fire.  Some think they should get it for free also

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

Every youtuber I 've seen is running in 4 flippin K.  Let that sink in from just a few years ago. I understand they're trying to show it off but just back that off a bit and it runs smoother IMO. 

Edited by joec63
  • Like 3

Semper Fi 

3 minutes ago, joec63 said:

Insider forums is a dumpster fire.  Some think they should get it for free also

I've actually semi-abandoned the insider forums......

You could actually tell when certain types started turning up in large numbers, and the edicts, demands, threats and dire proclamations started getting out of hand.

Yuck.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

23 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I actually thought the opposite. Understanding that was caused by the bright light that can be easily fixed (at least in my setting) this video helped me decide to buy Track IR in anticipation of using it for MSFS. I think it will help with some immersion and have always wanted to try it. 

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

, vs. some of the garbage I read on the beta forums, where people think the sim is trash because a certain landmark isn't there or the bridges aren't perfect all over the world yet. 

I wish people were smart enough to understand the limitations of aerial photogrammetrry, or the use of AI to stretch out an artifical z axis from satellite imagery.  I can easily understand and live with the imperfections such as blocky bridges and traffic not lining up perfevtly with the roads.  The fidelity required for photogrammetry to render every crevice and recessed opening such as wireform structures, trees, stacked bridges, overpasses, etc is impossible right now, why is it so few can understand this?  Asobo accomplished a great thing here. 

Edited by Heli
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

First really good review of the MSFS 2020 that I´we seen. I got an answer, how TrackIr works in the SIm, I hope that the dev´s will add the ability to set TrackIr limits, so head does not bounce out of the plane. Just like in X-Camera. The secenery is awsome, just have to wait what kind it is in offline mode. The default planes, I didn´t expect study level default aircraft´s, but they are deeply simulated and that´s ok. Study level planes are more 3rd party dev´s thing. Yaeh I´m getting the sim a bit later in fall

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heli said:

I wish people were smart enough to understand the limitations of aerial photogrammetrry, or the use of AI to stretch out an artifical z axis from satellite imagery.  I can easily understand and live with the imperfections such as blocky bridges and traffic not lining up perfevtly with the roads.  The fidelity required for photogrammetry to render every crevice and recessed opening such as tunnels, trees, stacked bridges, overpasses, etc is impossible right now, why is it so few can understand this?  

thats easy to answer, the majority of gamers...well not the most intelligent of people.

i also think, quite  a few who understand it very well, may probably not be interested to post in the forums, it wont help one bit lol

50 minutes ago, LosGenero said:

First really good review of the MSFS 2020 that I´we seen. I got an answer, how TrackIr works in the SIm, I hope that the dev´s will add the ability to set TrackIr limits, so head does not bounce out of the plane. Just like in X-Camera. The secenery is awsome, just have to wait what kind it is in offline mode. The default planes, I didn´t expect study level default aircraft´s, but they are deeply simulated and that´s ok. Study level planes are more 3rd party dev´s thing. Yaeh I´m getting the sim a bit later in fall

correct.  but im still trying to find a video of a a320 or 748  doing a proper take off or landing with flight directors on for example, and / or showing a managed / vnav descent.

14ppkc-6.png