Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Setup for TrackIr

2 minutes ago, LosGenero said:

live in Northeastern Europe

Absolutely one of my favorite places to fly in the sim, especially on VATSIM.  Actually, I've spent some significant time flying over the GIUK Gap during the winter (500ish to 28,000 feet) and even made a landing in Iceland in a storm conditions at night... I know it well!  

I'm currently airliner flying with some wonderful guys from the UK, Denmark and Holland - just some great guys and we fly a LOT of shared cockpit in P3Dv4 and v5. Do let me know if you'd like to join in!

Thanks for an excellent chat!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes

The only way to roll!   In fact, I finally got tired of the heat generated from wearing a full, over the ear headset for hours on end and went to one of those $11 - $19 USD behind the neck headsets and I used velcro to attach my ProClip to it.  It's fantastic - super light weight, super comfortable, no heat during long flights. 

Since I use a 55 inch 4K monitor (along with three 23 inch 1080p monitors) and there is no way to place the TrackIR camera on the top of the 55 inch, I used velcro to attach the TrackIR camera to the bottom - works fantastic.  I had originally tried using a thin piece of wood to mount the camera but hated that.

Dave-s-System-4-K-with-notes.png

• Like 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Track IR is great. The only thing I would say is that you need a decent frame rate otherwise its jittery and not fun since you will pan around the cockpit a lot more than if you use a hatswitch since its much more convenient moving your head.

5 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes

The setup isn't bound to msfs2020 (because I can't tell you at this point NDA).

But more a general approach what I use in a flight simulator with some small tweaks between them...

TrackClipPro is in my case closer to my head since my viewing distance behind a desk (large monitor) (in that case I don't have to make large head movements)
If you're viewing distance is further away. I would move the clip more up, further away from your head.

- First on top left side select which clip you have in our case trackClipPro

- Right I have the motion speed at 1 and the smooth at 50 (advantaged, that it stay better in one place when you stop your head movement)

- Camera tab the settings true/255/0/253/0/precision/100.0

Then setup the camera on your monitor (physical placement and align the green dots in the middle camera view screen (test and move your head around which is comfortable for you and make sure the green dots don't turn red.)

- Setup a key for center / pause /precision (I have bound those to my warthog buttons)

If you PM me I can make screenshots and send those via email how I setup the yaw / pitch / roll and x / y / z /...

When setup make sure in the gui to deselect all those and select from the pull down menu the function and in the checkbox

(that way it's far easier to adjust the motion adjustment)

How I use it in the simulators, I still setup different views and using trackir there...in combination of center / pause / precision

Trackir has sometimes it looses the coordinates in the simulators and then comes the center key in play...

• Like 2

André

11 minutes ago, sanh said:

Track IR is great. The only thing I would say is that you need a decent frame rate otherwise its jittery and not fun since you will pan around the cockpit a lot more than if you use a hatswitch since its much more convenient moving your head.

I agree, but with my system that isn't a issue anymore...

André

Though I pretty much use a default settings, it's possible to share Profiles should you wish to.

The TrackIR profile folder is located at:  AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5 (or TrackIR 4). Simply copy from/to that folder.

Best wishes everyone.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Though I pretty much use a default settings, it's possible to share Profiles should you wish to.

The TrackIR profile folder is located at:  AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5 (or TrackIR 4). Simply copy from/to that folder.

Best wishes everyone.

Great tip Dave, but I sent the screenshots so he can play a bit with the software...

• Upvote 1

André

Just now, awf said:

Great tip Dave, but I sent the screenshots so he can play a bit with the software...

Absolutely!  My comment wasn't directed at you, just a general comment.  Wish Natural Point would have include a settings/profile export function.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Absolutely!  My comment wasn't directed at you, just a general comment.  Wish Natural Point would have include a settings/profile export function.

Best wishes!

Well even so appreciated Dave,  to help each other to enjoy our wonderful hobby...

• Upvote 1

André

1 hour ago, LosGenero said:

I´we had a problems with lighting and because I´we have to use glasses, the TrackIR picks reflection´s from them and goes bonker´s. I tryed adjusting the lighting with settings, nothing seemed to work. Then I tryed tip from youtube, dark or dim room and my most of my troubles were solved. Glad that you don´t have problems witch I had with TrackIR.

I have a window directly behind me, and depending on the time of day, it can interfere with the sensor, but I have some blackout curtains I can use if that happens. A couple months ago, though, I had a problem that I couldn't work out. Even though there was no direct sunlight, the view would suddenly change to a bizarre angle for no reason. That is, until I realized that the polo shirt I was wearing had a logo with a reflective surface almost exactly the same as the TrackClip. Doh!

33 minutes ago, awf said:

Thanks! Indeed, setting it up for myself according to your screenshots has a better learning effect regarding the software than just copying a file. 😉

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 2:14 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Wonderful questions!

No matter what the aircraft, I will absolutely switch it off during different phases of flight, especially at cruise or if I have to do some operate many different systems. 

To accomplish this on the fly (instantly) I have the following setup:

F1 key (always easy to find without looking) is bound to Pause TrackIR.

F2 key is bound to Reset TrackIR

F3 key is bound to place the TrackIR in the Precision mode, which I use most often.

One could just as easily bind these settings to pushbuttons on a controller, but I have those already used up.

I hope this helps!

My pause/unpause of TrackIR is via a button on my yoke. I always use precision mode as I have a custom profile that works perfect for continuous precision mode. One question, the light setting, is it a higher number for mor  light in the room or is it lower? Can never remember......

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

My pause/unpause of TrackIR is via a button on my yoke. I always use precision mode as I have a custom profile that works perfect for continuous precision mode. One question, the light setting, is it a higher number for mor  light in the room or is it lower? Can never remember......

I don't remember, I just used to sliide it until it works.  But out of the manual:  A higher setting will result in more light being filtered out. If TrackIR is used in areas with bright or harsh lighting, the slider may need to be set to a higher value to filter out unwanted reflections caused by these lights. Increasing light filtering too high may reduce tracking precision.

Dave Hodges